• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Moms on the Run Pinkfest 2018 - Fundraiser

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I, along with a few other ladies are skiing at Mt Rose on Saturday March 24th for the Pinkfest
Pinkfest is a fundraiser for Moms on the Run.
pinkfest tahoe.png
Mom's on the Run provides assistance for women who are going through breast cancer treatment with the things that get lost in the shuffle while mom isn't feeling her best.
  • Picking kids up from stuff that kids do.
  • Taking care of daily expenses like groceries, utility bills and such
  • Meals
  • Transportation to and from treatment and other necessary appointments.
  • * Stuff that gets lost while mom's health is priority

If you'd like to donate to the Team Pugski in this fundraising effort we'd love to have your support.
Go to this link and click on Support a Fundraising Team Select Pugski.com

Be well and take care of your health.

va_deb

Getting on the lift
Skier
Wish I could be there again in person, but I will be there in spirit!

Thanks for organizing the team, @Tricia. I will be happy to donate for this great cause.

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
We went to Pink Vail today to benefit the Shaw clinic, where my wife was helped kindly during her thyroid cancer procedures. Several inches of nice powder, but it was hiding some very crusty stuff.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The day started out with a ton of energy and a sea of pink.
This event met its fundraising goal, and then some.
29594983_10159937984605018_8076984902959981218_n.jpg

In years past, we were outside for much of the stuff that was inside this year because of weather, which is a good thing if you want more Tahoe snowpack. :D
A few pictures of the group I was skiing with today, including Susan, someone we met through @bud heishman
Visability was marginal most of the day, with fresh snow and some significant wind, but not enough wind to shut down the lifts.
Snow was variable, from chunky wind buff to powder piles to wind scrubbed. Great time for a clinic
Getting set up to practice for the skiing flash mob. IMG_7185.JPG
fullsizeoutput_4793.jpeg fullsizeoutput_4786.jpeg

va_deb

Getting on the lift
Skier
:yahoo:Very different from last years’s weather, but YAAAAAAAY for Tahoe snowpack!

When I was there last year for Tahoe Pinkfest 2017, it was an amazing bluebird day. Little ol’ me, whose local hill was in Virginia, and who had never done a Western blue until I came to Mt. Rose, had quite a day.

I was so busy talking to the reps at the Head Demo tent that I missed the beginner group departure. That turned out to be ok because I was on some killer almost virgin Head Joys and had a huuuge grin before I even got on a chair lift. I was in free demo heaven. It also gave me time to take about 700 pics of the hundred-mile views and chat occasionally with the mountain guide who was glued to her walkie talkie staying in touch with group leaders and waiting for late arrivals.

This welll-intentioned Mt. Rose mountain guide apparently assumed that since I skied Squaw before and because I love demoing and have Level 7 gearhead knowledge that I belonged on intermediate. She quickly found out that that was not the case.

It also was the day that I met @Tricia IRL after several years of chatting with her and picking her brain on Ski Divas, Epic, and later Pugski. And the rest, as they say, is history.

Tahoe Pinkfest was, and probably still is, my most memorable day on skis ever for a host of reasons.

Cheers to all the ladies and to all the donors, and to helping women with cancer. What an amazing place for an amazing cause.

I’ll be there with bells on for Tahoe Pinkfest 2019!

Sponsor