• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mogul Stoke with Marcus Caston and Jonny Moseley - Return of the Turn Pt 1

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Agree, it's not YOUR post. It's some of "the reasoning" as to why there are not more bump runs at more ski areas these days, which I think had a couple of us chuckling.

We should, I hope agree that very good skiers can pretty much ski anything.
I recall a conversation with some reps who were at our house one evening - One of them said, "When you write your reviews, why do you talk about how the skis perform in bumps? Who skis bumps?" (this happened to be the Tecnica/Blizzard Rep at the time)

I chuckled at that comment. I guess some folks like bumps and some don't.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
It also can open up a can of worms in terms of what one means, or thinks about, in terms of "skiing bumps".

What are bumps? Consider what competitive mogul skiers ski for a course, as we'll see in Korea, compared to a natural steep "big bump run." The so called zip line. And of course the air elements.

And what do we mean by "skiing?" With respect to moguls, I've heard World Cup Mogul skiers joke that their competitive event "really isn't skiing." The two guys that I am thinking of can ski, BTW.

So, what I prefer to look at instead is the fact that in the clip, there is a lot of terrain being skied. Skied differently. And it looks like everybody is having a blast, having fun!

Both Jonny and Marcus are, as they say, "legit."

Who skis bumps? Depends on what a bump is? At a lot of the better known resorts in the country, you're available terrain and acreage would be cut way back if you chose to avoid them. Particularly a few days after a storm.

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
rep >>>"When you write your reviews, why do you talk about how the skis perform in bumps? Who skis bumps?"

Who (that is anyone that we care about) skis bumps?" (I thought someone like you were on board with the rest of us skiing industry powers pushing that sewage out of sight and out of mind? Just ignore em.)