• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mitts Choice

Jasmap

Booting up
Skier
I'm looking for some new mitts. I know its subjective but I'm leaning heavily towards the FTP mitts, Black Diamond Mercury mitts or the Outdoor Research Southback mitts. Anyone have real experiences with these? Thanks.

Last edited:

nemesis256

Patrick
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I've got FTP mitts, I like em. Cool name and mascot. You can remove the outer leather layer if it turns out being too hot.

Green08

Front Range Skier
Skier
I would endorse FTP mitts as well

I have perpetually cold hand—get it from my mom and a bad case of frost nip in college.
The gloves are warm and durable, and a great value. I have yet to figure out how I can justify more expensive options.

Dexterity might be one area products with less leather can provide benefits. Heated gloves might be nice if you have the money to burn.

A good pair of after market glove leashes is all I have had thought about with my FTP mitts after 3-4 seasons.

TS
J

Jasmap

Booting up
Skier
I went back and forth between the FTP's, OR Southback, and the BD Mercury mitts. I decided I win no matter what I choose and just ordered the BD Mercury mitts last night. The BD Mercury are nornally bomb proof and I got a decent deal on them.

Sponsor