• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Missed Concert Opportunities- Now Too Late

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
A few friends and I were going to see Jimi Hendrix at the NYE concert 12/31/69. Decided to stay home and party instead. Still kick myself for that one LOL

When the Stray Cats did their 40th anniversary tour last year, I made sure we went...that was definitely going to be a once in a lifetime occasion

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I kept putting off going to see Pete Seeger. Plenty of opportunities with the Hudson River Clearwater Festival within an hour's drive... and then the old coot up and died. Partially the reason I finally went to see Willie last sumer.

Duane Allman: I became aware of the Allman Brothers right after Duane passed. As a huge fan of his style of playing and someone who has seen at least a dozen ABB shows from 19702 (I think) eat A Peach had just come out... to the last year they played in 2014.

Had tix to see Janice when I was 14 or 15 and me and my buddy could not get a ride to the show. Sold tix to lifeguard at the beach. She was gone a few months later.

CSNY.

Led Zepplen: Early/mid 70's a bunch of my friends went and saw them at the Capitol Theater which I now live 1 mile from and back then was still just a half hour's drive.

Ross Biff

The older I get, the faster I was....
Skier
Oh man, how could I forget this one: the famous U2 concert at Red Rocks in 83. I had a ticket. My mom made me sell it, I can't remember why exactly but it had to do with having to be somewhere really early the next day. The weather was all crappy and I remember thinking it would probably be moved or postponed or something anyway. Missed a legendary show for sure.
Under a Blood Red Sky.....The only U2 album I own and the live DVD still rocks. My missed opportunity was the Ronnie James Dio fronted Black Sabbath who played 20 minutes from my home. Hardly any big names played in my area and I still kick myself. I also missed the Sammy Hagar era Van Halen....got tickets for a gig only to find Gary Cherone out front....meh..

James

Out There
Instructor
Had tix to see Janice when I was 14 or 15 and me and my buddy could not get a ride to the show
Yeah, that hurts. Damn.
I bought tickets for Led Zepplin in the late 70’s for Madison Sq Garden. I can’t remember what happened, but I was sent my money back and never saw their show. Maybe it was cancelled, maybe I was too late. All done by mail!

I was in New Haven visiting some friends and thumbed through the local music paper. I don’t know why, but something struck me about an ad for someone called Lady Gaga. Never heard of her but sounded weird enough to be interesting. No one wanted to go though so never went. Like six months later she got really big and in a year was huge.

Après Skier

Amateur Skier & Professional Curmudgeon
Skier
Not exactly a concert but I truly regret I missed seeing Siegfried and Roy perform in Las Vegas. White tigers, sequin codpieces, and magic tricks... the stuff dreams are made of.

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Is this, perhaps, a new ski gear design opportunity (insulated, of course) that had previously passed me by? :roflmao:
It will hide the Depend undergarments needed due to lack of bathrooms.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Oh man, how could I forget this one: the famous U2 concert at Red Rocks in 83. I had a ticket. My mom made me sell it, I can't remember why exactly but it had to do with having to be somewhere really early the next day. The weather was all crappy and I remember thinking it would probably be moved or postponed or something anyway. Missed a legendary show for sure.
Not Red Rocks but I did see them on the Rattle & Hum Tour (Joshua Tree), it was an amazing show for sure, top 5 for me for sure.

Posaune

sliding
Skier
Clark Terry - played at my college but I was too stupid to know about him at the time.
Miles - but when I could have seen him he was into some pretty weird stuff, not his cool style.

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Not Red Rocks but I did see them on the Rattle & Hum Tour (Joshua Tree), it was an amazing show for sure, top 5 for me for sure.
360 Tour was worth it as well. I'm not as big a U2 fan as the mrs, but it's still a solid top 25 all 1980s greatest artists experience IMHO.

Sponsor

Staff online