• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

misprinted HEAD iTitan?

valeyard

Booting up
Skier
I bought HEAD iTitan 2018 from a vendor on the forum in 170. The skis look exactly like the ones on Head's website, however, the numbers on the tail says 170 135/76/114 R13,7 which is the dimension of iRally in 170. I also measured the underfoot width and it is indeed 76mm.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I bought HEAD iTitan 2018 from a vendor on the forum in 170. The skis look exactly like the ones on Head's website, however, the numbers on the tail says 170 135/76/114 R13,7 which is the dimension of iRally in 170. I also measured the underfoot width and it is indeed 76mm.
From what we understand there was a run of skis that were printed with the wrong dimensions. If you mearure your ski, it is probably the 81mm underfoot that you were expecting. If you want to feel better...they are collectables ;)

TS
valeyard

valeyard

Booting up
Skier
From what we understand there was a run of skis that were printed with the wrong dimensions. If you mearure your ski, it is probably the 81mm underfoot that you were expecting. If you want to feel better...they are collectables ;)

=0 do I measure the narrowest part of the ski? or middle of the binding?

eok

Slopefossil
Skier
Interesting. I have a set of Titans arriving from Skiessentials soon. Maybe I'll get one from the "Collector's Edition" too.

I have to say, after measuring a few racing skis from time to time (with a digital caliper): the radius & dimension markings on some skis are more like "guidelines".

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Interesting. I have a set of Titans arriving from Skiessentials soon. Maybe I'll get one from the "Collector's Edition" too.

I have to say, after measuring a few racing skis from time to time (with a digital caliper): the radius & dimension markings on some skis are more like "guidelines".
or as we refer to them as "published dimensions". ;)

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Head prints the numbers so small that I can barely read them anymore without cheaters, anyway.

Damn fun skis. Just spent a bluebird spring day ripping around on groomers with a couple of buddies. Enjoy them!

TO HEAD: MY SOUL FOR A 182!!!

eok

Slopefossil
Skier
Yep, just got my Titans today. They're a "collectors item": printed dimensions are for the Rally. Actual measured dimensions are correct for the Titan. So, no 'problemo.

I guess the only possible 'gotcha for this is if I someday try and sell these at a ski swap event. The printed dimensions could mislead a prospective buyer at the swap.

2018_Titan_170.JPG

Sponsor

Staff online