• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Millet Jackets?

MattD

aka Hobbes429
Skier
Anyone have experience with or comments on the quality and durability of Millet ski jackets for men? They appear to have pulled out of the U.S. for the time being, so not much valuable review information available online. I like a few of the jackets in their Stretch collection and they are available in a few places, but wondering if anyone has experience with their quality and how they hold up over time.

Thanks.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
All I remember is they are a very slim fit.

SmileGuy

Booting up
Skier
Not as slim as my similar mammut soft shell. I'm loving my Millet. Durability seems great but only half a season old.

Analisa

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Which jackets are you looking at? You should be able to glean a lot of durability information based on the fabrics in the tech specs.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
They make very, very nice products. Friend of mine was the US Distributor about 10-12 years ago. I think he had challenges that were NOT related to the quality of the product. Some was related to the sizing, which at the time was long and lean. Some was related to getting the product into the USA, and then to dealers.

I think that the sizing and cut has changed a bit. I've noticed that the Austrian Alpine team's jackets and pants are made by Millet. Good stuff. And not many of those guy are "lean."

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Found a nice one in a color I like on sale last fall and bought it as a mid-winter option. It's very warm, very comfortable, the proprietary waterproofing works but the dwr wasn't perfect on a warm drizzling day and the jacket got a bit heavy, but not wet inside, and it dried quickly enough. Good features, pockets. I'm pretty happy with it.

x10003q

Out on the slopes
Skier
I tried a couple on last year - be thin. I normally wear an XL and the I could not get in the Millet XL and the XXL was too tight.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
FWIW, I'm 187/75 (6'2" 165 to you heathens) and mine is an XL; sleeves are slightly long, which i like, and fit would let me add a mid layer if needed (but so far down to -15C that hasn't been at all necessary, just a base layer and T-zip underneath). Couple of photos to show the features: no, sorry, I give up; cut quality three times to 768kb and still says files are too big to upload.

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I haven’t looked at them in recent years but used to sell them in my shop and owned a few pieces.

• Typical technical alpine climbing wear, so fit will be trimmer than casual or ski specific brands/models
  • French brand so might fit smaller than Northern European or American brands
  • They use premium fabrics from reputable brands
  • They try to be innovative with features and designs
  • Durability as a whole wans’t great. Take this with a big grain of salt. It was mostly from them pushing the envelope to much, so if you have an item with standard design and construction, it should be ok. it was also a long time ago. They might have changed their philosophy.

So basically, in my experience, you buy Millet to get certain innovative features (stretch fabrics, trick tool attachments, super light weight alpine gear, etc.) but you accept that durability might be an issue.

If durability is your prime concern, I would pick many other brands first.

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online