• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mikaela Shiffrin

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Cable? Apple TV? Chromecast?
I have DISH which is satellite TV. I had to upgrade my package to get the Olympic channel which broadcasts most of the WC races. Anyway, the upgrade includes the Outside TV channel. Since I can't find "A Matter Of Time" on the program guide, I am thinking this is just a streaming program. It actually just looks like clips of stuff I've seen before anyway. I will just watch on my computer.

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I have DISH which is satellite TV. I had to upgrade my package to get the Olympic channel which broadcasts most of the WC races. Anyway, the upgrade includes the Outside TV channel. Since I can't find "A Matter Of Time" on the program guide, I am thinking this is just a streaming program. It actually just looks like clips of stuff I've seen before anyway. I will just watch on my computer.

Was thinking you could hook up a laptop to your set with a cable (HDMI or such) or cast it from a phone or tablet to Apple Tv or Chromecast if you have? But you might need to get additional gadgets which is not always what one wants...

4ster

Instructor
Was thinking you could hook up a laptop to your set with a cable (HDMI or such) or cast it from a phone or tablet to Apple Tv or Chromecast if you have? But you might need to get additional gadgets which is not always what one wants...
Thanks!
I have hooked the laptop up with the HDMI cable before but it is a pain. I recently wired a 23" screen to my laptop in my office to watch the 1st run WC races (Olympic channel usually only broadcasts 2nd run), so it's not too bad & it is finally snowing outside my window.
MS Vizio.jpg

I just watched all 4 episodes of the series. Fun to view, worth a watch!

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
4 part series on outside TV.
http://www.outsidetv.com/home/ready/playlist/offset/limit/media/index
http://www.outsidetv.com/home/ready/playlist/offset/limit/media/index

I wish I could figure out how to watch it on my television set. I have the outside TV channel but cannot find the broadcast day or time.
Is this just a streaming event? I do not have streaming capabilities on my big screen television set.

Just watched all 4 parts of the series. That was really fun and interesting to see more of the inner workings of her preparation and race days. There's one major takeaway I always have after watching any of her interviews/stories; this girl really has her act together and is completely down-to-earth. Her head is "screwed on so straight" that I can't imagine her not being successful as long as she wants to be.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
Just noticed that MS was third today in the first DH training run at Lake Louise. Pretty easy transition from SL/GS at Killington to DH quite a distance away, TWO days later. One of a kind!

BTW, the Alligator won. Long comeback from her most recent surgery. Really great to see her back and fast. Yeah, it’s training, but it’s still timed!

karlo

Out on the slopes
Inactive

Muleski

Inactive
Ugh. Tough day for the GS in Courcheval. Nothing really in the picture to help MS. Just an ugly day. Guess even she can have one every six seasons or so! And not like she was alone. When racing in France, the hills should be prepped and set to help a skier like Tessa Worley kill it. Exact opposite today. Bad day to have power and precision as the best tools in your toolbox!

MS will probably turn in up a notch. I think she’ll put this behind her quickly. Now her tech.....think he might have had her on different skis, prepped differently, maybe in different boots.

Very abnormal day. Shows how much we get spoiled watching her!

Muleski

Inactive
Just took a look at skiracing.com. Have not checked in over the past few days.

There is an article compiled by "SR Staff". I hate those as you can't tell who to was, an there are plenty on the roster who are not so much in the know. Sean Higgins is, but he covers the guys for he most part.

At any rate was reading about MS NOT skiing this weekend's speed races at Val D'Isere.

"On Tuesday, Shiffrin was perplexed and upset after a sub-par result."

Evidently they feel that the 17th didn't rolloff her back and that her, and presumable her team's solution is to go to work. In other words' they saw something in her skiing that need to be corrected, they feel there is a significant issue with boots, binds/plate setup, or ski tuning {or all three} that needs to be sorted out.

Or, "SR staff" may be blowing it up, and she wants to get out of France. One of the original thoughts.

Last edited:

4ster

Instructor
She is skipping the Val DH
“Wellllll I wanted to try for @valdisere. I was pretty excited, really-and it would have been the first time that I made that schedule work…but I have to get some work done now, so Merry Christmas and see you in Lienz!” she posted on her social media.

Muleski

Inactive
Might be more than that. Might be getting back to her absolute basics, and then what most of us consider training, like plastic. I think the takeaway is what a lot of people here are saying was a bad day, no big deal, is not being viewed that way by MS, and her team. She has trained quite a bit of speed. And a lot of tech. She had three tech days to herself in Aspen at AVSC’s race center, and I heard from an informed eye, looked great. Really on them.

But there is clearly more concern than I certainly thought there would be. I am sure they will get it right. Racing all events is really hard. Really a challenge.

Anybody know if mom is there? That would be kind of telling. BTW, first time in France since the breakup with Faivre. Her first serious BF. Who knows?

Wish her the best. She be winning soon enough.

Black Dog

Its all downhill from here..
Skier
Here is an interesting post from Brandon Dyksterhouse that he put on Mikaela's facebook page.
For those of you that don't know who Brandon is, he was one of her former coaches who was great at analyzing her style.

Brandon Dyksterhouse While it is virtually impossible to always be on top, you make it look easy! Every once in a blue moon you need to blame the equipment and today is one of those days. Same problem, different day... if you can't push the skis they don't bend. Tell the A-Team to build you a pair that actually works in these conditions.

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online