• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mikaela Shiffrin

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
Interesting in your photo, look how windy it is at that moment. Unless that's like her ball of energy blowing it down.
Nah that's not wind but her hitting gate. It sure looks like she went wide around the gate, but perspective on photos can be deceiving sometimes. She did touch the gate. If it's wind, both poles would be bent, but in photo it's just left one (looking from skier's perspective), while right one is more or less straight up, and that's how normally looks on still shot when skiers hit GS/SG/DH gate.

James

Out There
Instructor
384385e4-54e1-40e6-a63d-3124859703f2-jpeg.71690

Nah that's not wind but her hitting gate. It sure looks like she went wide around the gate, but perspective on photos can be deceiving sometimes. She did touch the gate. If it's wind, both poles would be bent, but in photo it's just left one (looking from skier's perspective), while right one is more or less straight up, and that's how normally looks on still shot when skiers hit GS/SG/DH gate.
Yeah it looks like she was quite wide of the gate. There's more to a photo than good looks!ogsmile

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Rumor says she is at Squaw traing early mornings with team this week.

Pumba

Out on the slopes
Skier
We saw her today @A Grump @Alexzn @KingGrump @Near Nyquist !!! I was way too shy to ask for a picture, but I’ll take credit for spotting her.

I saw people with their phones out and I was wondering what they were looking at. Once the phone crowd disappeared, I realized that it was her. I told tom, but he didn’t believe me. Mikaela stuck around for a bit. Mamie jumped right in there and got a picture of Andrew with Mikaela. Alex also got a picture of mikaela with his daughter. I do regret not going up to her.
The funniest part was that Mamie first approached Mikaela’s mom asking her, “my son loves you, Can We have a picture with you!?” I think she then asked Mamie if she wanted a picture with her daughter....:roflmao::doh:

Here are pics of the pics being taken:
FCE9F0ED-7833-4044-82E8-06C149DE6210.jpeg
13EFB005-9F33-465A-9818-7B5C801A7C8A.jpeg
31FC9E07-D5F3-4EB4-BE18-88437766FD4A.jpeg

Last edited:

James

Out There
Instructor
@A Grump -Nice pants! Get her to sign your slalom skis. They'll work better. She might ask why you're on a girls size ski though.:D

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
@A Grump -Nice pants! Get her to sign your slalom skis. They'll work better. She might ask why you're on a girls size ski though.:D

No girly skis for him today. He was on a 165 today. @missyc was on my 158.

Front view of @Pumba pic wiith @A Grump . With a Pugski Big Sky shirt no less.

IMG_20190428_133435149.jpg

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
If you had your Pugski/Ski & Snowbard Hall of Fame lanyard on..she could have autographed it. That would be cool to have.

I am to old for all the glory and excitement. @A Grump was talking to Mikaela about splitting the take on the Ikon pass endorsment.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
No girly skis for him today. He was on a 165 today. @missyc was on my 158.

Front view of @Pumba pic wiith @A Grump . With a Pugski Big Sky shirt no less.

View attachment 72374
Did you ask her if she got her lifetime cookie pass?
She may not be a Squaw local, but she's and IKON local now and she has won olympic gold, which should qualify her for a lifetime cookie pass.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Did you ask her if she got her lifetime cookie pass?
She may not be a Squaw local, but she's and IKON local now and she has won olympic gold, which should qualify her for a lifetime cookie pass.
Good point!

Sponsor