• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mid Quiver Ski for my Wife

Daves not here

Getting off the lift
Skier
She is looking for something in the ~90 width. She currently has the Wild Belle - and while she likes the light weight and quickness - she would like something a bit more damp and stable. She absolutely loves the feel of her Blizzard Viva 8.0! It is quick, stable, damp - and so she is wondering if there is something in that ~90 width that has similar feels. She is looking to demo the obvious choice of the Black pearl. @Tricia @Philpug What are the players in this category that she should be looking at.

She is 5'7 and 140 - intermediate skier. Current Quiver is Blizzard Viva 8.0, Nordica Wilde Belle and Nordica La Nina.

Thanks in advance as I am not savvy on the ladies skis.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Maybe check out the Fischer Ranger they have women's in 90 and 98mm.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
She is looking for something in the ~90 width. She currently has the Wild Belle - and while she likes the light weight and quickness - she would like something a bit more damp and stable. She absolutely loves the feel of her Blizzard Viva 8.0! It is quick, stable, damp - and so she is wondering if there is something in that ~90 width that has similar feels. She is looking to demo the obvious choice of the Black pearl. @Tricia @Philpug What are the players in this category that she should be looking at.

She is 5'7 and 140 - intermediate skier. Current Quiver is Blizzard Viva 8.0, Nordica Wilde Belle and Nordica La Nina.

Thanks in advance as I am not savvy on the ladies skis.
Damp and stable? Volkl Kenja, the new one is both of those. Is she replacing both the Blizzard and Wilde Belle with one? If so, the consider the FX85 or even the FX95, both non Ti editions. No need to limit to just the ladies skis...there are a lot of finesse unisex skis that are viable options.

TS
Daves not here

Daves not here

Getting off the lift
Skier
Damp and stable? Volkl Kenja, the new one is both of those. Is she replacing both the Blizzard and Wilde Belle with one? If so, the consider the FX85 or even the FX95, both non Ti editions. No need to limit to just the ladies skis...there are a lot of finesse unisex skis that are viable options.

She will just replace the Wild Belle's as she is in love with her Blizzard Viva's.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
yeah I think a ton of women would be happy with the Brahma back here. My SO has this quiver. She is 5'6 140lb.....

160cm Blizzard viva 7.7 Ti ...which she likes but just does not like skis in this size range usually....
166cm Blizzard Brahma - loves now, got them because she found the Bushwacker to be to soft for crud skiing, they owned her when she first got them
166cm Blizzard Bushwacker - now her AT ski, great for light amounts of powder and corn skiing.
171cm Rossingnol Schimitar - I think will be her favorite skis she has been on, only a week old. I wouldnt not discount it just because its a twin tip supposed park ski
174cm Rossingnol Sickle - her powder ski, and AT skis for deeper snow.

Superbman

Getting off the lift
Skier
http://www.the-house.com/8967rosci1...sKH4VuK_tMbqH5bnBhEA1yY5mLshDGsczEaAn0j8P8HAQ

in her size its 94 underfoot. disregard the fact its a 'park ski" its not. The ski is damp and stable and still really nimble to due ot its full but extremely low Reverse rocker. I could see it being a really fun tree ski anywhere. this and Sickle are still the best freeride skis Rossi has made.

I like the direction you steered this in, Josh.
I haven't tried the scimitar, but I've skied similar styled 'park' skis in this width with similar flex and turn shape profiles, and all of them I have liked as a mid range eastern easy skiing off piste some on piste ski, and going short for women is a neat idea. Similar skis (twin tips, mid to high 90s with no or minimal camber and low rise tip and tail rocker) I've skied and liked: Dynastar Slicer, and even easier Troublemaker, Volkl Bridge, K2 Shreditor/ Remedy 92. It is an interesting range of skis that makes sense for a lot of 'mid sized' quiver skis for skiers of either gender.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Yes to the Kenja. I wanted a narrower ski than the Samba that still had the stable, dampish feeling of the Samba and the Kenjas were the winner. Tried the Salomon Lumen and it was anything but damp. The Kenjas still manage to have tons of energy to tap into. I've never skied so fast yet felt so in control as I do on these skis.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Is 172 too long? I was impressed by the Line Supernatural 92. Realllllly stable, but quick too.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Is 172 too long? I was impressed by the Line Supernatural 92. Realllllly stable, but quick too.
Well, there is always the Soulmate 92 in a 165.

James

Out There
Instructor
http://www.the-house.com/8967rosci1...sKH4VuK_tMbqH5bnBhEA1yY5mLshDGsczEaAn0j8P8HAQ

in her size its 94 underfoot. disregard the fact its a 'park ski" its not. The ski is damp and stable and still really nimble to due ot its full but extremely low Reverse rocker. I could see it being a really fun tree ski anywhere. this and Sickle are still the best freeride skis Rossi has made.
Is this Scimitar related to the current Dynastar Slicer? The Slicer is cambered though with softish tip, tail and some rocker. Only seen it in the store.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Rossi black ops are very similar, slicer has nothing in common

no edge

Out on the slopes
Skier
Blizzard Alight - easy to ski, stiff enough.

But I would also like to suggest a basic ski, a women's ski. A ski that turns easily and holds on ice. Not too stiff... supple. One will be nice to ski and will give feedback when applying your instructions to her skiing.

Head Super Joy? may be too much. Too strict a radius.

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online