• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

What dates and location would you prefer the Mid-A Gathering to be held at?

• Jan 31-Feb 2, Laurel/Seven Springs

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Jan 31-Feb 2, Snowshoe

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Feb 7-Feb 9, Laurel/Seven Springs

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • Feb 7-Feb 9, Snowshoe

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters

MarkP

Saturday, and Saturday, and Saturday...
Skier
If you guys decide to hold the mid-Atlantic gathering at Snowshoe, I may consider driving back from wherever I am out west just to check another one off my Ikon bucket list. :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

No reason you couldn't do the Shoe pre or post gathering. What's an extra 200 miles on a 3400+ mile round trip? Consider it a 2-fer.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
No reason you couldn't do the Shoe pre or post gathering. What's an extra 200 miles on a 3400+ mile round trip? Consider it a 2-fer.

Pre is do-able. Post is usually too late.
We go out in January. Usually by then, we are tired of ice skating in SVT. Looking for something softer.
Last season, we came back in June. So that is probably a bit late.
Agree couple hundred extra miles is a drop in the bucket when we normally do 13K to 15K on a winter road trip.

MarkP

Saturday, and Saturday, and Saturday...
Skier
Pre is do-able. Post is usually too late.
We go out in January. Usually by then, we are tired of ice skating in SVT. Looking for something softer.
Last season, we came back in June. So that is probably a bit late.
Agree couple hundred extra miles is a drop in the bucket when we normally do 13K to 15K on a winter road trip.

That's a lot of frequent skier miles.

I was considering doing a road trip out west this coming February on my way to meet up with friends in Utah. The draw would be to get some days in Colorado in both directions. The drawbacks are 3-4 days each way through the midwest by myself (couldn't convince either son to do one direction) in winter (being caught in a blizzard in the middle of any of a half dozen possible states, though not terribly frightening, seems not worth it if alone). The drawbacks won out. It would have been about 5000 miles. Consolation prize is I'm adding a week in Utah, get in some of the resorts I haven't yet done and a couple of days down to Arches.

kitchener

Still At Large
Skier
We could wind up making it -- we haven't nailed down when we're headed out West, but if that turns out to be March, a first-timer to Seven Springs/Laurel for a Gathering might be in the cards. How convenient is lodging to the slopes?

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We could wind up making it -- we haven't nailed down when we're headed out West, but if that turns out to be March, a first-timer to Seven Springs/Laurel for a Gathering might be in the cards. How convenient is lodging to the slopes?
Hotel at SS is right at the bottom of one slope and next to lifts.

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
\

Don't they still have house rentals up by the upper parking lots?
They did as of a couple of seasons ago. Lots of private homes and townhouses around the resort that owners rent. Again... not cheap though.