• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

What dates and location would you prefer the Mid-A Gathering to be held at?

• Jan 31-Feb 2, Laurel/Seven Springs

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Jan 31-Feb 2, Snowshoe

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Feb 7-Feb 9, Laurel/Seven Springs

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • Feb 7-Feb 9, Snowshoe

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter

MarkP

Saturday, and Saturday, and Saturday...
Skier
At this early date, I could do either of the dates. I have a slight preference for Laurel/7S, but Snowshoe would be fine.

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
Unless it's a banner year for snow at Snowshoe, my preference is the PA areas simply for driving time (7 hours to Snowshoe, 4.5 to 7 Springs/Laurel). Any dates are fine.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Unless it's a banner year for snow at Snowshoe, my preference is the PA areas simply for driving time (7 hours to Snowshoe, 4.5 to 7 Springs/Laurel). Any dates are fine.

I hear ya, but that really means 'banner year for snowmaking' at either resort. Snowshoe has a marginal advantage on either getting natural snow or on quality of their snowmaking. Sorry @LaurelHillCraze but those overhead sprinklers at 7S make some nasty watery and aggressive stick-funk.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Have you guys decided that it is Laurel/7 Springs?

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
If you guys decide to hold the mid-Atlantic gathering at Snowshoe, I may consider driving back from wherever I am out west just to check another one off my Ikon bucket list. :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Wanna do Blue at Christmas week? :roflmao:

I may have been born in the dark, but it wasn't last night.
Skiing Christmas week? Been there. Done that. Got the tee shirt to prove it. Never again. :cool:

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
Have you guys decided that it is Laurel/7 Springs?

Phil, it looks like Laurel/7S is the winner in the poll and Feb. 7 to 9 are the dates. So barring any objections from @dbostedo or anyone else that cares to take responsibility for organizing a different venue and date, Laurel and Seven Springs will be the site of this season's Mid-A Gathering. Frankly, I think that other venues would draw more interest but nobody from the Peak/Epic resorts or Ikon's Snowshoe wants to step up as Gathermeister. I will contact folks at Laurel to arrange discount day tickets for walk-ups. I will inquire about discounts day tickets for 7S but I think they will require a commitment of at least 30 people before they offer group rates. They dropped that requirement for Laurel last season if the ticket buyers said the magic phrase at the time of purchase, "I support Laurel Mountain". I hope to arrange the same procedure for this event.

Once we make it official debostedo or I will post details about discounts (if any) and lodging suggestions.

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
...Laurel and Seven Springs will be the site of this season's Mid-A Gathering...

I concur and hope to attend!

We went down the path of Snowshoe or Mid-PA a couple of seasons ago, before we wound up back at T-line, and there wasn't a lot of enthusiasm for those either. I think it might be more of a "if you hold it, they will come" scenario. There's something to be said for just saying "here's what we're doing" and stepping up to plan - thanks for helping with this Rob! Let me know how I can help.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We are working on a universal Gathering shirt and want to add it. Thanks.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
I concur and hope to attend!

We went down the path of Snowshoe or Mid-PA a couple of seasons ago, before we wound up back at T-line, and there wasn't a lot of enthusiasm for those either. I think it might be more of a "if you hold it, they will come" scenario. There's something to be said for just saying "here's what we're doing" and stepping up to plan - thanks for helping with this Rob! Let me know how I can help.

I agree that it has been "Hold it and they will come" but also it has been "I'm going to wait until I have a good idea of what conditions are like." I have been reluctant to host an event at Laurel because of their limited snowmaking but this is where I have some influence to get a bargain. I will commit to that weekend (Feb 7-9) and hope that you will be able to attend too.

@Philpug, it is now official Laurel Mountain/Seven Springs Feb 7-9, 2020.

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I agree that it has been "Hold it and they will come" but also it has been "I'm going to wait until I have a good idea of what conditions are like." I have been reluctant to host an event at Laurel because of their limited snowmaking but this is where I have some influence to get a bargain. I will commit to that weekend (Feb 7-9) and hope that you will be able to attend too.

I'm planning to be there as of now. I'll see if I can convince a couple of friends too.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I'm planning to be there as of now. I'll see if I can convince a couple of friends too.
If we need to send over Vinny and da boys to help you, you know, convince them, let me know. They have ways of convincing people....they might not be able to ski for 6-6 years...which includes 3-4 years of physical therapy...but they will be convinced to join you.

MarkP

Saturday, and Saturday, and Saturday...
Skier

This fits nicely between other planned trips. Color me 95% probable.

Sponsor

Staff online