• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mid-Atlantic Gathering @ Laurel Mountain / Seven Springs, Feb 7 to 9 2020

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
I just want to reiterate that I have been able to secure group rate discount lift tickets for Laurel Mountain. You can get this discount only at Laurel's ticket desk by simply asking for the I support Laurel Mountain discount. The discount will apply to single sessions (all day, twilight, or night), not the all weekend rate. The all Weekend rate for Laurel average less expensive than all-day session group rates.

For those attending the entire weekend and hitting both or all three sister resorts including Hidden Valley, the best deal is the Highland Ticket which can be purchased at ticket desks at all 3 resorts. There are two versions. One begins at 9 am Friday through close 9 pm Sunday night at $221. The other begins at 4 pm Friday through close Sunday night at $169.

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
Things are going to have to improve a whole lot in the next couple of weeks....

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
Things are going to have to improve a whole lot in the next couple of weeks....

I just got back from Seven Springs. What they have open is in good (for Mid-A) shape but not even all of the front side is open. The North Face Slope usually has 3 distinct "alleys" but only one open. Gunnar was open last week but closed today. I'm not sure if it was due to weekday non-crowds, lift capacity not needed, cut service to save $$ or if it was lost to the rain. They were even charging for the parking at the close in Blitzen lot today. Usually, that is a pay lot only on weekends .

Terrain is limited for sure as it is throughout the region.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
We are still a confirmed "maybe" to ski Saturday. Mom has also expressed interest in going for a road trip. She'll probably stay back at the hotel though. She's not a fan of slick mountain road driving, even in the proper vehicle with an ace pilot.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
We are going to need a good rebound in the coming weeks just to get all the snowmaking trails at both places to open. Do your snow dance, perhaps Ullr be kind. Last year's Gathering had nice conditions for us. Think snow.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Rooms booked in Somerset.

Roll Call!
crgildart
ChanceOfSnow

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
I'm on the fence right now. Between the Holidays, crappy conditions, and getting that nasty cold that's been going around, I have yet to put boots on the snow. I'm not really inclined to make this my first day(s) of skiing in 2 years.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I'm on the fence right now. Between the Holidays, crappy conditions, and getting that nasty cold that's been going around, I have yet to put boots on the snow. I'm not really inclined to make this my first day(s) of skiing in 2 years.
Laurel's really only got half of one run that can ski really difficult, super fun 600 feet of vert. Cruising easy blues all day is entirely doable. And, there is only one lift so taking the easier way around still allows you to meet up with everyone for every ride up. There won't be any ski off challenges hahahaha.

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
Yeah, well that will depend on new snow between now and then. I saw some of the pictures from Roundtop...:geek:

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I'm out. Family medical emergency that will take a couple weeks to sort out. Will keep up with the photos though.

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
I've decided against the trip. Haven't been out yet, probably won't between now and then. Didn't ski at all last year and the previous year was mostly ruined trying to work out new boots. With the way things are going, I'm just hoping for a few local days to work out my boot situation. Have fun folks!

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
We are less than a week out so its time to firm the schedule and set meeting times and places.

The Gathering opens on Friday at 7 Springs. If there are no objections I propose that we meet at 9:30 am outside the main lodge on the slopeside beside Emo's Pit, the outdoor grill and beverage counter. I think 9:30 is a realistic time to meet due to the travel time for the participants. Nobody has said that they have lodging on or near the resort so It seems likely that folks will be traveling a distance to make that first day. I propose an afternoon meet time at 1:00 on the outside deck of the summit Tahoe lodge. If you bought an all-day pass or a multi-resort multi-day Highland Ticket you will have an open to close ticket so night skiing is an option but I will do little if any night skiing. At some point, my wife and I will head to Ligonier to get a room for that night either at the Ramada or at newly built tourist cabins that are closer to the slopes.

That brings us to, day 2 at Laurel. This will be simple. We meet at 9:30 at the back slopeside of the lodge and do the same at 1:00.

Sunday is you pick'em day. If you love the laid back nature and relatively empty slopes of Laurel, come back. If the variety and amenities of Laurel are not to your liking and the bigger resort amenities and greater trail acreage are your preference then head back to 7 Springs.

Anybody else care to weigh in?

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January