• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^
How were conditions? I'm hoping they have a lot open by next weekend.

JohnL

Working and turning
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Whitetail Wax Report:

CH6 rules!

Who is it for:

Someone who wants to control their own fate on the WROD by escaping the herd.

Who is it not for:
Stoppers who enjoy putting their internal organs at risk from impact from above.

Had I seen you there I would have power wedged into ya. :wave:

Mary G yelled at me for stopping in the middle of Angel Drop. Safer than stopping on the side, IMHO.

JohnL

Working and turning
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^

Conditions were Whitetailish. They were blowing snow most of the day on Bold, Homerun, Lap Dancer and Snowpark.

With it looks like a cold week, maybe everything but the terrain park off the green lift and Far Side. Wouldn’t surprise me if Far Side opens.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
^^^

Talcum powder piles on top of styroice . One green , 3 blues, one semi black. If you go, get your butt to Far Side and stay there. Mean free path on the front is about 15 feet, and that is not an exaggeration.

Tomorrow should be marginally better , the snow started at quarter 5 at 1/2 inch per hour, went to inch+ per hour at 6:30.
Yes they're blowing during lift hours but it's less than half capacity. You don't need a skigee.

Rudeness at an all-time peak, and I am not even talking about @JohnL :) Leave your stuff in the car if you can, people are pulling others stuff out of cubicles and kicking it along the floor.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I think I am going to Bryce on Tuesday 1/15 just to make some laps. Challenge factor is low there, but so are crowds and prices.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
Laurel is rumored to have Lower Wildcat open tomorrow. They only got 3 inches of snow overnight but say an 11 inch total over the week. $41 for weekday lift tickets. I'm headed up this morning, will report later tonight,

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
With cold temps and natural snowfall, conditions of our local Mid-Atlantic resorts should take a big. jump in the right direction for the next several days.

Kcip

Booting up
Skier
2878EB30-F949-4E63-85F0-46ACF5D5F60B.jpeg Got a decent amount of snow in Silver Spring. Too bad I’ll be in Florida this week! Hopefully Whitetail is able to open up more terrain. I was at Snowshoe last weekend. It was ok considering it was warm and rainy during thr first few days of the new year. Looks great there this weekend though.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I went XC skiing today myself for about an hour, in about 9 inches snow in my neighborhood.
With Fed Govt in DC closed tomorrow I guess I will be going skiing:) Something tells me Whitetail will be a madhouse because all schools are also closed, so I may try Bryce for four hours.

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Something tells me Whitetail will be a madhouse because all schools are also closed...

You're probably right... but I find it funny that it's too snowy to go to school, but not too snowy to get to the ski resort. :huh:

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
The Saturday overnight snow fall was only about 3" and their report of about 11' total over the week seemed right but the wind blew most of it off. There were pockets of powder to be had and Eric and I skied them off. Laurel Run was temping but the transition to snowmaking at the ledge on Wildcat looked sketchy and a long, flat slog back to Broadway was uninviting, There are whales on Lower Wildcat and on Innsbruck. They are hoping to have both in play by Tuesday. I hope they open Lower with whales intact.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
You're probably right... but I find it funny that it's too snowy to go to school, but not too snowy to get to the ski resort. :huh:

Schools in the DC area close at the talk of snow. Out here Loudoun County Schools will be off for days with us getting around 12-14 inches. Before the telework days, every school snow day was a ski day. The upside is most people here would rather walk thru fire than drive in the snow so if your at Whitetail or Liberty early today you will be fine. As they clear the roads it will get crowded. Tomorrow will be really crowded if the schools are still out. Loudoun definitely will be.