• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

4aprice

Out on the slopes
Skier
I would expect Camelback to open up at full force starting tonight. Whether they get open by the weekend or not is questionable. They certainly have the window to make some noise snow making wise. Might try to make it up Sunday if it happens but won't cry if it doesn't. 1st weekend in December looks like a lock to get the season rolling for me at the latest.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
Still torn between 7S and the 'Shoe for this weekend.

7S will have Wagner, Fawn, Stowe, Phillips Run, Cortina Trail, Stowe Trail, Arctic Blast, and Santa’s Beard. 3 lifts, Polar Bear 6, Cortina quad and Tyrol triple.

I'll not be going this weekend, on the road for Thanksgiving. My first day will probably opening day at Laurel.

Last edited:

4aprice

Out on the slopes
Skier
So relaxing after work, I looked in on the Camelback web site to watch the snow guns (I'm easily entertained) Really seems to me they are employing a new strategy this season. Normal routine was to open Upper Marc Anthony, Upper Cleo, to Honeymoon Lane and get Marjies up and running as soon as possible. Not appearing to do that this year. I see no guns on Honeymoon (what I can see of it) and nothing happening on Marjies. Instead it looks they are trying to open Meadows, and Laurel Glade both being fed by at least King Tut. (can't see Birches). Web site is not helpful with information on where snow is being made but can see plumes up on top of the ridge so I assume other trails are under the gun as well and I would also assume some on the east side with the Hotel (maybe Nile Mile). Will update as I find more info.

Shawn

Beep beep
Skier
Blue has been working on that new trail for what, 3 years now? Please don't be another terrain park though!

Any word on that new trail? It's still listed as "coming soon" on the trail map.

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Looks like Massanutten decided to test out the guns today. The high today is 33, so it will stick around a little while - but 50's and rainy later this week. Still... it's a start!

upload_2018-11-28_12-33-28.png

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Appalachian Ski Mountain in NC has $5 lift tickets for the day sessions this weekend if anyone wants to head south. We'll be there tomorrow mid day for a few laps.

jimmy

Mixmaster
SkiTalk Supporter
15A49050-35A5-4D1A-88A0-FD02AA156475.jpeg
Snowshoe had three lifts running on Friday. Seems like the fog machine was working OT. The air was wet but rain held off. First day is in the books off to Killington Next weekend. Thanks Ikon Pass.

Attachments

• 31B3B009-7401-4179-ACE4-F1D1C985B53B.jpeg
    31B3B009-7401-4179-ACE4-F1D1C985B53B.jpeg
    64.9 KB · Views: 7

Carolinacub

Yes thats a Cubs hat I'm wearing
Skier
Appalachian Ski Mountain in NC has $5 lift tickets for the day sessions this weekend if anyone wants to head south. We'll be there tomorrow mid day for a few laps.
Hey good to see you back, I was wondering if you had abandoned us

Carolinacub

Skier
Appalachian 12 of 16 runs 4 of 6 lifts
Beech 5 of 17 and 3 of 8
Cat 6 of 18 and 3 of 5
Sugar 7 of 21 and 3 of 9
Sapphire open Dec 15
Wolf open next weekend

Myself and some other patrollers went to Wolf on Saturday to do some cleaning and set up work. We could have possibly opened this weekend but it would have been thin and with the rain coming in on Fri and Sat it would have been sketchy. On a real positive note. A couple of weeks ago the owner went up to a resort in the NE that had sold to a bigger operation that had surplus snow guns. He went up to by 40 and came back with 67. 16 are put back together and are on the hill and working and they are working on getting more up and running.Next years coverage ought to be pretty good.

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^^
Lucky you! Looks like some cold and possibly a bit of snow next weekend. Maybe the local resorts here can get open in a couple of weeks.

Carolinacub

Skier
After today it should be pretty good snowmaking weather through the weekend and we may get a nice little blast of snowfall over the weekend.

wgo

Getting off the lift
Skier
View attachment 59708
Snowshoe had three lifts running on Friday. Seems like the fog machine was working OT. The air was wet but rain held off. First day is in the books off to Killington Next weekend. Thanks Ikon Pass.

Awesome Jimmy. Let us know how Killington treats you, we'll be up there in a couple weeks.

pipestem

Out on the slopes
Skier
For the lower edge of Mid A -- early weather forecast for Banner Elk....

Saturday
A 40 percent chance of snow after 10 am. Cloudy, with a high near 32.
Saturday Night
Snow. Low around 25. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
Sunday
Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 30. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
Sunday Night
Snow likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Monday
A 40 percent chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 31.

Sponsor

Staff online