• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Wintergreen or bust tomorrow mid day. Just for a couple hours tops. Kid's got a bad left ankle so he might not ski. But, he needs driving hours to be logged before his test early May so I'm making him drive me hahaha.. If his ankle hurts too much to get a boot on he's going to have to wait in the lodge while I ski for a little while. 4 hour flex FTW

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I did yard work and put away the snow blower, used it twice.

Cleaned the grills for summer and also ate corned beef and cabbage.

Was gonna ski mid week but the dealership boned me on replacing my air bag, mebee next week.

CVR is pulling the plug on Sunday, surprised they went this far.

I drove a free rental for about a month while they had my Forester in for the Takada round one of air bags. Here's a fun fact. They're replacing them with the same damned defective air bag inflators... just newer ones. They have somehow concluded that only ones over X years old are causing problems (aka killing people) so they're putting new ones on with the patch and pray strategy. You'll have to take it back to get another one, newer or no longer the flawed design, assuming you still have the car in 5 more years. I'm sure they hope we won't..

ksampson3

Giving 80% effort 100% of the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Closing out Whitetail this w/e, who's gonna be there?

I was going to head up Sunday, but looking at the webcams it's going to be tomorrow, instead. And early. I'm not sure that snow's going to hold up until lunch time. The heat the past couple of days just pounded the slopes.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I drove a free rental for about a month while they had my Forester in for the Takada round one of air bags. Here's a fun fact. They're replacing them with the same damned defective air bag inflators... just newer ones. They have somehow concluded that only ones over X years old are causing problems (aka killing people) so they're putting new ones on with the patch and pray strategy. You'll have to take it back to get another one, newer or no longer the flawed design, assuming you still have the car in 5 more years. I'm sure they hope we won't..

Those damn airbags are worthless unless you have to use them!

pause

Putting on skis
Skier
I was going to head up Sunday, but looking at the webcams it's going to be tomorrow, instead. And early. I'm not sure that snow's going to hold up until lunch time. The heat the past couple of days just pounded the slopes.

I’m thinking of late afternoon/night session today as last hurrah.

ksampson3

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I’m thinking of late afternoon/night session today as last hurrah.

How about a condition report if you get a chance? We woke up this morning and it was blowing like stink, so we opted out and are heading up tomorrow morning.

pause

Putting on skis
Skier
How about a condition report if you get a chance? We woke up this morning and it was blowing like stink, so we opted out and are heading up tomorrow morning.
Well, very few people so that’s nice. Definitely loose granular with some bare spots at the top and bottom, but not bad. Could be nice early am if the temp drops a bit and they groom.

tinymoose

Getting off the lift
Skier
We'll be heading out to Montage tomorrow. Photos online still look promising as far as coverage. We were there a couple weeks ago and they still had good coverage then, but there was a big warmup and rain this week so we'll see. Hopefully all is still well.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I think I'll just leave this here..

53908320_2557848607563995_3369326037539225600_n.jpg

Wintergreen today..

pause

Putting on skis
Skier
Well, very few people so that’s nice. Definitely loose granular with some bare spots at the top and bottom, but not bad. Could be nice early am if the temp drops a bit and they groom.

After hitting all the main runs at Whitetail tonight, it is not nearly as nice as last week. They lost a lot of snow. I’d only come up Sunday if you have a pass, advantage card, or like me, just really need to say a final farewell to winter. But sometimes grooming does wonders and it could be nice for a few hours in the am
7281B052-BA2E-409E-816D-BCC8332B501E.jpeg 6F3C1132-DA14-4E7D-8B9D-623024263B25.jpeg

ksampson3

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
After hitting all the main runs at Whitetail tonight, it is not nearly as nice as last week. They lost a lot of snow. I’d only come up Sunday if you have a pass, advantage card, or like me, just really need to say a final farewell to winter. But sometimes grooming does wonders and it could be nice for a few hours in the am
View attachment 68704 View attachment 68705
Thanks much for posting. We do have season passes, so a couple of hours first thing should do it. Besides, they have pond skim. That's always worth a laugh.

JohnL

Working and turning
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Canaan Valley Resort skied very well the past two days - closing weekend. Despite the transition from 80 on Friday (likely a bit less up there), to 20’s at night, things were not too firm. Grooming crew did a top notch job. Highs got warm enough 37-38 and sun was strong enough, that there were few icy patches. Skier traffic helped.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I’m planning to ski CV along with the Wisp quite a bit more next season. I obviously hope Timberline gets it together by then too but that’s all but impossible at this point.

wgo

Getting off the lift
Skier
Canaan Valley Resort skied very well the past two days - closing weekend. Despite the transition from 80 on Friday (likely a bit less up there), to 20’s at night, things were not too firm. Grooming crew did a top notch job. Highs got warm enough 37-38 and sun was strong enough, that there were few icy patches. Skier traffic helped.
Same deal at SS. A good grooming crew in the mid-atlantic is a must - hats off to those guys. Also got just warm enough to soften the bumps on Camp 99 a bit.

ksampson3

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Same deal at SS. A good grooming crew in the mid-atlantic is a must - hats off to those guys. Also got just warm enough to soften the bumps on Camp 99 a bit.

Whitetail, too. It was pretty scratchy at 8 a.m., but by 9:30 everything had softened up to spring skiing conditions. We watched some of the pond skimming then skied until 1 p.m. Great way to end the season. Well, end for the family. I get one more trip out West (Stevens Pass).

jdm00

Putting on skis
Skier
Had a great time at Snowshoe this past weekend. Conditions were very good Saturday at the Basin, and then at Silver Creek on Sunday morning. (My daughter loved Silver Creek--we skied 10 runs in 2 hours, skied right on to the lifts, and basically saw no one.) Went back over to the Basin after lunch and the conditions were not ideal--between the traffic and the sun, things were a bit slushy. Still, a really good weekend of skiing. Looking forward to being back there the last week of the season.

Sponsor

Staff online