• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Whitetail, too. It was pretty scratchy at 8 a.m., but by 9:30 everything had softened up to spring skiing conditions. We watched some of the pond skimming then skied until 1 p.m. Great way to end the season. Well, end for the family. I get one more trip out West (Stevens Pass).

I went through 'till 4 - Far Side was absolutely perfectly creamy at the bottom, almost self-leveling, and simply delish.

You left before half the pond skim water wound up at the ski racks - that was a nasty surprise; good thing I was on fat skis :D if you look carefully you can see the blue tinge under the snow as it started to drain.

FWIW, the (literal) vultures circling were rather poignant.

IMG_20190317_154731.jpg

Last edited:

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I just checked the ski bases, cleaned up the edges, then storage wax put up for summer. Thanks to all we made turns with and hope to see more of you next season. Being unemployed at the start of ski season took a toll. Still, all in all, 5 ski days in 4 different states is a pretty solid low budget winter.

Kemperski

Getting on the lift
Skier
I'll be with my son at Wintergreen tomorrow -- if anyone else is going I have left over days on my four pass available. I have tan pants green helmet and usually an orange back pack -- may be sporting my new SkiSouthEast hoodie until it gets too warm

Quite the unexpected snow event

scottyb

Getting off the lift
Skier
pics from yasterday at the shoe

1j6Pvcwh.jpg

6c32yYmh.jpg

6ThSpgFh.jpg

3kb4hMCh.jpg

2BXtunGh.jpg

vFZjTgMh.jpg

N0F4sMDh.jpg

vDcb1QYh.jpg

wgo

Getting off the lift
Skier
Wintergreen had an entirely unexpected 8 inches, I'll be there tomorrow

Skied a few runs with Kemperski and son today. We experienced some first class Virginia cement and had great time. Untracked low-angle turns on Diamond Hill, and some fresh turns on Upper Cliffhanger as well. I started right at 9 on Acorn side, everything was pretty crusty but by the time I met up with Kemperski at 10 things had softened up. I unfortunately had to leave after only a couple hours so I could still get in half a day of work but I am really glad I made the effort to get out today.

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
I just checked the ski bases, cleaned up the edges, then storage wax put up for summer. .

Only did that once but forgot and went to Mammoth Mt in May. Got off the lift and the skis would not move !
Spent next 15 minutes using rusty metal and the edge of the other ski to scrape the wax layer off ! Kind of dumb !

jdm00

Putting on skis
Skier
Had a great time at the Shoe last Wednesday to Friday. Skied in the mornings, called it a day around noon/1:00 each day when things were getting very soft (and slow). I was glad that we made Friday our last day; it looked like spots were getting a little bare by that point. But still good conditions.

And the weather was great, particularly Wednesday and Thursday. Blue skies and sun. I will be spoiled the next time I ski--didn't have a single lift wait of any type for three days.

It was a good season.