• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Eric267

Gettin after it
Skier
I know it isn't going to be easy :D otherwise I would have replaced them several times over since...1993?

Right now the biggest I see are the Alpina Alaska and the Crispi Svartisen. Wish there was something the size of an Alaska Heat with a plastic spine.
Yeah these days it's tough. Kind of goes from that style bc nnn > to tele specific > to strait up AT

Good luck

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Yeah these days it's tough. Kind of goes from that style bc nnn > to tele specific > to strait up AT

Good luck

Thanks. I'm starting to think my best option is to find a CF-cuffed skimo boot and hack a NNN-BC sole onto it. Fun and games for the summer?

Goose

Out on the slopes
Skier
well,... I'll be at blue to burn my last ticket tomorrow. My first ski day since coming back from Telluride. My skis bases have been repaired and tuned. Im looking forward to probably my last ski day of the year. Im expecting decent conditions after Wednesday evening snow storm.

I just really hope a million other people don't have the same idea. Last time at blue I ended up leaving due to ridiculous crowds. Going to be hard enough as it is coming from CO back to a tiny hill (relatively speaking). Id really love this to be a good day to probably end my season with.

Goose

Out on the slopes
Skier
and so....a pretty good day at Blue. Crowds for a Saturday were actually a pleasure (relatively speaking). Arrived early. First couple runs was a good amount of surface crud/iced corduroy. My poor new edges...lol. But then by run 3 it began to loosen up. Then actually some pretty good conditions for the next couple hours. After lunch began to get a bit slushy but still not really that bad. though to be fair we did stop at 2 in order to travel home to meat an obligation so I speculate the next hour or so may have become a bit too slow and slushy. But we got a lot of runs in uring best conditions and minimal lift lines (vs a usual Saturday). All in all a good productive day on the slopes.

With the exception of a few idiots who think they own the mountain and ski with no regard for anyone (to be expected in the poconos). One run on (razors edge) Im skiing my line making relatively short turns on this steeper run and doing really well feling all the right moves working nicely. This moron speed demon flies from behind me right into my turn and literally misses me by an inch (Ifelt the wind), Just an idiot "all about me" type of jerk. I was angry to be honest cause he was really moving and doing so with no regard. You just cant do what you want when on smaller hills with other people around. You have to be responsible. I had a whole bunch of words waiting when I got to the bottom but no where was he to be found.

Other than that, it was a good (and probably last of the season) ski day with my son, two nieces and my brother. Glad I was able to get it in :)

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Well now that my XCD/nordic season is ^provably over :cool:, I'm taking the BumpySlushSlayers to close out WT then it's up to Whiteface...

I'm heading to Seven Springs Monday to close out the local season then off to Vermont where I hope to beat the rain drops to close out my regular season.

Drop @mishka a line if K. is on the list.

Willyum215

Col. Mustard
Skier
Had what was likely my last day on the mountain Saturday at Camelback.

Very nice day, warm and sunny. Decent crowd but not too bad. Most of the more challenging terrain was pretty empty actually.

Enjoyed some time at their Spring Carnival parking lot party.

Guess that's it for me. 13 solid days in, all in NEPA this year:

6 at Elk
3 at JF
2 at Camelback
1 at Montage
1 at Blue

Feeling that end-of-season depression for sure right now... I'm sure most of you are feeling the same.

Carolinacub

Yes thats a Cubs hat I'm wearing
Skier
Spent the at Sugar Mountain NC Sunday, I came up as a visiting patroller and had an opportunity to meet up with some of the team up there...Great group of people...Was told as we picked up our passes that the groomers had done a spectacular job on Northridge and Gunthers but that there was a small issue with the sixpack lift...The ice had screwed up the chair synchronization and it would be a short time till they had it taken care of... well that short period of time lasted all day so the top never got open. What a shame. small crowds and what turned into a bluebird day offset by extremely limited terrain. But what the heck I still got to slide down a hill with boards on my feet.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
Seven Springs March 26. Spring fling at the Springs.

29665007_1749349678476306_5320886273179209945_o.jpg

29060643_1749390681805539_9037071029100740785_o.jpg

Slide of Hans

Getting on the Red Chair
Skier
Montage is closing tomorrow. $10 lift tickets, $3 craft beers . Lower expert runs open as well as upper easy trails.

JohnL

Working and turning
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Well, I lied and got 2 more days in at Seven Springs after I got back from Vermont. Seven Springs closes the season this Saturday April 14. No freezing temps until then and 70 degree days. Bring shorts and T-shirts.

Liar! :D

Glad yer getting some. I’m in job search mode; funding ends in the summer. Looking for a job that will allow remote work for a few months in the winter. :cool:

jimmy

Mixmaster
SkiTalk Supporter
Well, I lied and got 2 more days in at Seven Springs after I got back from Vermont. Seven Springs closes the season this Saturday April 14. No freezing temps until then and 70 degree days. Bring shorts and T-shirts.

Strong finish Rob. Sorry i missed yinz last weekend, home life gets in the way.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
Liar! :D

Glad yer getting some. I’m in job search mode; funding ends in the summer. Looking for a job that will allow remote work for a few months in the winter. :cool:

Good luck with that or just work all summer...wait, baseball......

Strong finish Rob. Sorry i missed yinz last weekend, home life gets in the way.

I know, almost derailed but I got Kathy to play hooky too.

Are you going up to play this w/e?

I'm tempted but it will be all brown slushies. Maybe I'll wake up tomorrow and go.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I'm tempted but it will be all brown slushies. Maybe I'll wake up tomorrow and go.

Eh, you're not playing the thread right.

You're supposed to be motivational here, as in "C'mon you, pull those ChickSquads out and mount them, maybe bring the dance skis and we'll play one-on-each-foot, like Morris dancing but with flasks."

:D Or something. :D

Eric267

Gettin after it
Skier
Guess the springs golf course opens today. Ski in the am, golf in the pm. If you've never played there it is an awesome course for the $. One of my favorites anywhere!

To bad there's not a pens game Saturday, foggy goggle would be a full on madhouse