• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
pondskim-gif.42087

I see a several tracks leading in to that but NONE on the other side.. just boot prints...

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^^
Most folks did not make it when I was watching....a lot came very close. Then there was a run of several folks that made it not long after this pic - all snowboarders I think. I don't think I saw anyone on skis make it, though only saw a few folks attempt it, and it went on for a lot longer than I watched.

One young girl (maybe 7 or 8?) on skis made the attempt, and obviously was not willing to get up enough speed. But got a good round of applause from the audience for the attempt. Everyone else at least gave it a good shot.

Eric267

Gettin after it
Skier
This came through the fb feed a few minutes ago. Xc center about 5mi from 7springs at about the same elevation. Looks like a nice little return to winter for yinz..
image.jpeg

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
yep, I'm just concerned about all the wet/ice grain mix that's under the fluff - as in a) black ice on roads and b) slidey slidey mud on steeper runs.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
My son could not reach 7 Springs today from the west. He had to turn back due to poor driver conditions on snowy roads near the resort. We are waiting to hear from him soon. Cam at Laurel Mountain XC hut.

netcam.jpg

Kcip

Booting up
Skier
I've got a pre-paid ticket to Whitetail, Liberty, or Roundtop that I won't get to use. It's actually an All Mountain Weekend Package that I bought for a friend that includes rental and group lesson. If anyone is interested, please PM me. At this point, I'm just trying to offload it for anything since it will be useless in a few days. I have it currently listed for $50 on CL, but would go lower for folks here.

If this post isn't allowed here, please let me know and i'll delete it. I couldn't find anything in the ToS.

Thanks!

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
Ooof. Let us know.

The turnpike closed just as he passed an 18 wheeler that had slid through the concrete median barrier into eastbound lane just west of Donegal. All roads were covered with a half foot of slush. Near the resort entrance at the crest of the pass, previous drivers littered the road in failed attempt to get in the resort. Eric sought away around but eventually took secondary roads 1 exit west to reenter the turnpike. He's back home now. We'll hit 7S on Thursday. Blue Knob could get over a foot and they say they'll reopen on Friday. They only had Mabo, Jackrabbit and Deer Run open recently.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Rats, what a bummer, but better making it back home with car OK than to have ended up in one of the pile ups still there waiting on tow trucks..

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Well 25 years is about a good life for a nordic BC boot. Good thing I was on the last mile home before the plastic really started falling apart.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Just an FYI, going to be at Blue Mt again on Friday, I am told they got 4 - 6 on Wednesday. If anybody is going to be around? Reply!!!

Last edited:

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Not even close - the boot you link to is barely taller than a basketball shoe. The boots I am trying to replace are alpine boot size with a lace up internal liner.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I know it isn't going to be easy :D otherwise I would have replaced them several times over since...1993?

Right now the biggest I see are the Alpina Alaska and the Crispi Svartisen. Wish there was something the size of an Alaska Heat with a plastic spine.

Sponsor

Staff online