• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
Anyone have a Blue Mt. report? Going tomorrow (Friday 3/16/2018)ogsmile

Probably fine. but I'd head to the Catskills if you have the time. They are all reporting over 6 feet of new snow this month. I didn't have time for the Catskills yesterday so I went to Elk where it dumped all day. Despite being almost the same mileage as the Catskills, Elk is about 45 minutes closer since it's all highway (and 70mph in PA).

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
Can I possibly be happy skiing Seven Springs tomorrow after a week in Utah with the Gathering and just back from Jackson Hole? Damn right I can. Crazy winter, March meltdown in February and February freeze in March. I wish Laurel were still open, might have to go back to hiking there this week or maybe head down to White Grass?

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I might make one more day trip next weekend (24th) if everything aligns perfectly. I had come to terms with being done with mid March booked. But, I'll take a look at what's available, if anything, and go one more session if it's still good. We didn't get nearly as much down here as SnowShoe and parts farther north did, but temps have been cool enough to preserve and re fortify if they wanted/needed to. Build it (the base) and I will come..

MarkP

Saturday, and Saturday, and Saturday...
Skier
I'm currently planning to hit Whitetail on Sunday morning... if anyone wants to make a few warm turns, let me know.

I'm considering hitting one of the Little3 southern PA hills this weekend. Was going to go tomorrow, but now have morning and afternoon work commitments :(. Will keep you posted.

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
What is this "XC" of which you speak? Sounds like a bad idea... :ogcool:

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Guns are running at Whitetail!

kside.jpg

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Anyone have a Blue Mt. report? Going tomorrow (Friday 3/16/2018)ogsmile
So I had a great day at Blue Mt yesterday. It was groomed and just a little firm for the first hour but very skiable, it got a little softer as the morning went on, it was a fine mix of man made with a little natural snow. It was one of those days when everything was firing on all cylinders, felt good, no crowd, and a little sun. It was a bit windy but not enough to close any of the chairs. By 2:30 PM one or two icy spots got scraped off but no big patches and skied until a little after 3 PM and headed home.

Scrundy

I like beer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Last night of night skiing tonight at Elk:( Real bummer man, but got in 31 nights so far 32 after tonight. Gonna have to check Greeks hours now. A shame as they have a ton of snow still, and I can't get out in the wood yet at home.

Goose

Out on the slopes
Skier
So I had a great day at Blue Mt yesterday. It was groomed and just a little firm for the first hour but very skiable, it got a little softer as the morning went on, it was a fine mix of man made with a little natural snow. It was one of those days when everything was firing on all cylinders, felt good, no crowd, and a little sun. It was a bit windy but not enough to close any of the chairs. By 2:30 PM one or two icy spots got scraped off but no big patches and skied until a little after 3 PM and headed home.
im considering heading there tomorrow. Of course kind of still unwinding from my trip out west, unpacking, paying bills, catching up on mail etc...and sure to be too small a hill having just come back..lol but I got a lift ticket to burn or lose out. Im thinking why not use it tomorrow if Im up to it.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
im considering heading there tomorrow. Of course kind of still unwinding from my trip out west, unpacking, paying bills, catching up on mail etc...and sure to be too small a hill having just come back..lol but I got a lift ticket to burn or lose out. Im thinking why not use it tomorrow if Im up to it.
Sunday is their heavy traffic day, but the day after St. Paddys day may be light traffic because of too many hangovers. :)

Goose

Out on the slopes
Skier
Sunday is their heavy traffic day, but the day after St. Paddys day may be light traffic because of too many hangovers. :)
yea...alcohol is always a good thing as for limiting crowds the next day.
Honestly I often find Saturday is busier than sundays in general just about anywhere. I think some weekenders decide to leave, others just not up tp skiing two days in a row, and the Saturday night alcohol consumption all seem to attribute to sunday being the lessor of the two days as for crowds at the hills..

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Sunday mornings early tend to be pretty empty in general... before about 11am then all bets are off..

davjr96

Getting off the lift
Skier
Skied snowshoe in the rain yesterday. Visibility was terrible but snow was pretty decent. Cupp was nice and soft. Shay's coverage was terrible, was skiing on grass basically. Rest of mountain seemed to have good coverage. Do not believe their 60" total for the week though...

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Had a nice morning at Whitetail today with @MarkP ... skied about 15K in three hours on surfaces that transitioned from hard with a little granular on top, to nice spring slush, to heavy slush. Farside in particular was great much of the morning - like skiing on silk.

There were some holes, dirt, and rocks showing up on the black runs, though Exhibition was in pretty good shape and full of slush bumps. Next weekend will be closing weekend.... but the pond skim was today, and I didn't participate, but did get some pics.

EDIT : Also wanted to mention that I finally got a day on my new Stockli SCs... and they were awesome! I was a little afraid they'd seem different than when I demo'ed.

Several runs are long closed...
Whitetail 031818 002 DC ACR Conv.jpg

Exhibition is the bump run, and was probably groomed a week ago - small to medium bumps and all very slushy today
Whitetail 031818 005 DC ACR Conv.jpg

Bold Decision with some brown showing - it was patchy, with some rocks and grass to miss
Whitetail 031818 010 DC ACR Conv.jpg

Pond skim pond early morning
Whitetail 031818 006 DC ACR Conv.jpg

Watching the pond skim
Whitetail 031818 012 DC ACR Conv.jpg

Pond skim attempt
PondSkim.gif

Last edited:

Willyum215

Col. Mustard
Skier
Conditions at Elk on Saturday were excellent, and it was surprisingly not-all-that crowded yesterday at Camelback. It was nice to revisit the place, really enjoyed myself.

We had a ton of fun all weekend- not ready for this season to end, that's for sure.

Sponsor