• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We have been getting pounded here in NEPA mountains.......over 2 feet
Like over 2 feet and still coming. I hear things down 81 towards Elk is bad, as PA is always terrible clearing snow.

^^^^^^Yes....2 foot plus....I am off Rt. 84 at Lake Wallenpaupack.....and we are buried. Roads closed....Power is out.......Classic Nor’Easter....

All NEPA resorts will be in great shape the next week or so......Sat/Sun should be great!....if I can get out.

Scrundy

I like beer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I
We have been getting pounded here in NEPA mountains.......over 2 feet

^^^^^^Yes....2 foot plus....I am off Rt. 84 at Lake Wallenpaupack.....and we are buried. Roads closed....Power is out.......Classic Nor’Easter....

All NEPA resorts will be in great shape the next week or so......Sat/Sun should be great!....if I can get out.
ll be at Elk Saturday night and Sunday morning if momma don't bark to much

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Thank doz guyz who flew to Utah fer da Gatherin'

Goose

Out on the slopes
Skier
Wow....2' at elk. Don't think Blue got nearly half that amount but the webcams do show some decent covering. The cams are actually moving /shaking in the high winds ..lol.
Not exactly seeing the patio looking like its buried under 2 feet but does seem to be covered enough fwiw. In any event this should be good for this weekend and much needed. All I can find is that Bethlehem got about 5/6 which is not far from Blue while Allentown about 4. So sounds like elk an hour away got extremely lucky
Cant really say with all the damaging washout the torrential rains did before it snowed if it truly helped extend the season. I hope for their sake they got more than enough inches of snow to make a difference as for that.
I'll check things out tomorrow and perhaps drive up sunday morning for a day on the hill. Assuming I can get my butt out of bed early enough..lol I'll have to go easy on the scotch tomorrow night at our family party.

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
Wow....2' at elk. Don't think Blue got nearly half that amount but the webcams do show some decent covering. The cams are actually moving /shaking in the high winds ..lol.
Not exactly seeing the patio looking like its buried under 2 feet but does seem to be covered enough fwiw. In any event this should be good for this weekend and much needed. All I can find is that Bethlehem got about 5/6 which is not far from Blue while Allentown about 4. So sounds like elk an hour away got extremely lucky
Cant really say with all the damaging washout the torrential rains did before it snowed if it truly helped extend the season. I hope for their sake they got more than enough inches of snow to make a difference as for that.
I'll check things out tomorrow and perhaps drive up sunday morning for a day on the hill. Assuming I can get my butt out of bed early enough..lol I'll have to go easy on the scotch tomorrow night at our family party.

Tough morning here. Blue reporting a whopping 3". Belleayre and Hunter got slammed with over 2 feet, but not opening again today since they have no power.

Platty seems to be the winner reporting 24-36" and they have power. While Platty is not typically crowded, it will be a zoo today with all the competition being closed.

Elk just updated their website as I was typing and is reporting 24-30".

It's killing me that my truck just went into the shop with a bad fuel pump. Might have to steal my son's Land Rover tomorrow and head to the Catskills.

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Buddies back home at Plattekill are rubbing it in, local report is 24 - 36,and lifts spun yesterday and reported to spin today.

If hunter and Belleayre are closed Plattekill will be a shit show by noon !

Goose

Out on the slopes
Skier
Tough morning here. Blue reporting a whopping 3". Belleayre and Hunter got slammed with over 2 feet, but not opening again today since they have no power.

Platty seems to be the winner reporting 24-36" and they have power. While Platty is not typically crowded, it will be a zoo today with all the competition being closed.

Elk just updated their website as I was typing and is reporting 24-30".

It's killing me that my truck just went into the shop with a bad fuel pump. Might have to steal my son's Land Rover tomorrow and head to the Catskills.
yea LOL blue is gloating about 3" of fresh "powder". I was hoping for that 5/6 at least but it just didn't change to snow early enough in tat storm.
But hey, its something right? but I honestly wonder if all that torrential rain washed away much more than what the 3 inches helped. Id imagine Blues days are very numbered right now. Camelback and montage both showing more than a foot and of course elk with its hammering of new, Blue got skunked. But those other places , especially upstate where the temps can keep low for a lot longer? should be able to have a good march with that big dump.

fwiw a system is suppose to hit the area tues/wed. Temps leaning towards more rain than snow but ys never know as night temps will be below freezing so maybe they get a little lucky.

Last edited:

Goose

Out on the slopes
Skier
Buddies back home at Plattekill are rubbing it in, local report is 24 - 36,and lifts spun yesterday and reported to spin today.

If hunter and Belleayre are closed Plattekill will be a shit show by noon !
I heard Windham was turning away customers and cops were not even letting cars near the place while Hunter was closed due to no power.

Anyway I ever did make the trip to Blue today. I just couldn't get up early enough after getting home too late. Im also doing some in home renovation to a bedroom which I did all day yesterday before even heading to the family party and so here I am currently painting..lol
Much rather been skiing But such is life.

Willyum215

Col. Mustard
Skier
Yep- around 2' in the Elk region Friday. We stayed in Harford, PA, about 15 minutes north of the mountain. Image uploaded from iOS (4).jpg

Blazey the Corgi needed a snorkel...

Image uploaded from iOS (5).jpg

Tell you what though, even with all that snow the mountain was showing the stress of weeks of warm temps and rain....

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Yep- around 2' in the Elk region Friday. We stayed in Harford, PA, about 15 minutes north of the mountain. View attachment 40707

Blazey the Corgi needed a snorkel...

View attachment 40708

Tell you what though, even with all that snow the mountain was showing the stress of weeks of warm temps and rain....

Looks like you will get another refresher this mid-week!

Jersey Skier

Skier
8-12" forecasted for tomorrow in the Poconos. Anybody heading up? I'm really hoping my Suburban is out of the shop today. Not thrilled with the idea of driving the wife's BMW in a foot of fresh snow.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
All right which one of you deadbeats is responsible for this? Of all the possible ski straps one can see in a 2nd hand shop in Steamboat these are some of the saddest. IMG_20180307_125714.jpg

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
All right which one of you deadbeats is responsible for this? Of all the possible ski straps one can see in a 2nd hand shop in Steamboat these are some of the saddest. View attachment 41053
Hah... I have both of those straps at home. The pro fit one is much nicer.

Jersey Skier

Skier
Really glad we are having a strong March here in Eastern PA! Who's keeping it going this weekend?

Was at Elk yesterday. Snowed non-stop. Probably 4-5"'s fell and the place was totally empty. They never even shut the upper lot, so I didn't have to deal with the shuttle.

Willyum215

Col. Mustard
Skier
Was at Elk yesterday. Snowed non-stop. Probably 4-5"'s fell and the place was totally empty. They never even shut the upper lot, so I didn't have to deal with the shuttle.

Beautiful - sounds like a perfect day.
I plan to be at Elk on Saturday with a couple of friends, then stay near Camelback to hit that on Sunday. It's been a couple of years since I've been to Camelback, so looking forward to a change of pace (and hoping it's not TOO crowded)...

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm currently planning to hit Whitetail on Sunday morning... if anyone wants to make a few warm turns, let me know.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Anyone have a Blue Mt. report? Going tomorrow (Friday 3/16/2018)ogsmile