• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
We got over a FOOT at my house! I had to knock the snow off the roofs of the out buildings to keep them from collapsing. Headed out for a tele tour of the neighborhood. Probably won't stop to take photos. Here's the metal trash can in our fire pit buried LOL!

26733532_1950379091644286_4555954337068093792_n.jpg

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
@tinymoose , @vanhoskier , and i will be at blue mtn tomorrow nite. we are doing the adult racing clinic....should have prime conditions!
Ok about what time and how much of it will be spent with the race clinic? I'm not an early riser, therefore if I go my 8hour day ticket could overlap some of your night tix. Any PugSki stickers? I may be able to spot @tinymoose because she's petite, you and @vanhoskier, IDK.

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We got over a FOOT at my house! I had to knock the snow off the roofs of the out buildings to keep them from collapsing. Headed out for a tele tour of the neighborhood. Probably won't stop to take photos. Here's the metal trash can in our fire pit buried LOL!

26733532_1950379091644286_4555954337068093792_n.jpg

Is that a pitchback I see there?

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
^^^Yes, it is a pitchback. Daughter uses it to practice lacrosse

Large Squirrel

a.k.a. guitar73
Skier
Ok about what time and how much of it will be spent with the race clinic? I'm not an early riser, therefore if I go my 8hour day ticket could overlap some of your night tix. Any PugSki stickers? I may be able to spot @tinymoose because she's petite, you and @vanhoskier, IDK.

it's in the evening. we usually get to the mid-mtn lodge around btwn 6 and 6:30pm and the clinic starts at 7pm goes until close. i'll be in the same helmet and jacket as in my avatar, and chartreuse pants. @vanhoskier has pugski stickers on her SL skis...but those will be kinda hard to see. we have a large group taking the clinic (about 13 ppl), so we are easy to spot.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
That 9" and Blue's proximity makes it really difficult to not take a "mental health" day! I should try - Do you have a PugSki sticker on your helmet for me to find you if I go?
No PUGSKI sticker but Silver Helmet, Jacket is Gray and Yellow, Ski Pant all Gray, Boots are Blue Technica and the Red Head Rally skis. Old man skier Slow and Steady.

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^Yes, it is a pitchback. Daughter uses it to practice lacrosse

I had one of those as a kid and wore it out. Mom got me one so i didn't bang sponge balls off the foundation on the side of the house.

No PUGSKI sticker but Silver Helmet, Jacket is Gray and Yellow, Ski Pant all Gray, Boots are Blue Technica and the Red Head Rally skis. Old man skier Slow and Steady.

Steady as she goes Scotty.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Ok and no problem. I'm nursing an injury, have yet to ski this season. This will be more of an expirment for me to see where I'm at and I may only last an hour. Also, if I go, I don't expect to be there before 1pm at best. I didn't get to sleep till 2am and have been up since 5am:\
School bus yellow helmet, probably the bright green shell for visibility or maybe a burgundy shell, black pants and white boots.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Ok and no problem. I'm nursing an injury, have yet to ski this season. This will be more of an expirment for me to see where I'm at and I may only last an hour. Also, if I go, I don't expect to be there before 1pm at best. I didn't get to sleep till 2am and have been up since 5am:\
School bus yellow helmet, probably the bright green shell for visibility or maybe a burgundy shell, black pants and white boots.
Sorry we did not get to meet up. If you noticed the time of my last post you may understand I got up a little late and ran out of the house without my Gray and Yellow shell. Had to ski in my short down jacket it was warm enough but all black and does not stand out. I was able to get on the mountain by 9:45 and got in about 16 runs and had to call it a day. As it turned out when I left the school buses started to show up so it would be getting busy on the slopes.

BTW the report of 9 inch's was over stated (no surprise) my best guess would be 4-5 inch's. Maybe we could meet up in the future if you do not mind skiing with an old man?

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Sorry we did not get to meet up
-
As it turned out when I left the school buses started to show up so it would be getting busy on the slopes.
-
Maybe we could meet up in the future if you do not mind skiing with an old man?
No problem there. Whenever I made comments about the elderly, my father would allways say be careful you'll be old too some day.
At any rate, I didn't go, not enough sleep, felt like a zombi most of the day. Feeling my second wind now which is scary, certainly, don't want a repeat tonight! Now I sound like the old guy, LOL.
You definitely were there at the right time! I lost interest in going later for just that reason. I figured @guitar73, @tinymoose and Wendy would be skiing a closed trail and I'd never get to ski with them. Btw, I would be the old man with that group, LOL.
Tkanks for the update, I'm sure we'll run into each other one of these days.

MarkP

Saturday, and Saturday, and Saturday...
Skier
I'm off work tomorrow and considering heading to Whitetail, Liberty or Roundtop. Anyone heading out to one of them? All the talk of Blue Mtn recently has me thinking about it, but at 3+hrs each way, it's just not tempting enough.

MarkP

Saturday, and Saturday, and Saturday...
Skier
For a 3 hour trip, I'd go to 7S, overnight in Ligonier and go to Laurel on Sat.

That would be a good run. Blue Knob and Laurel would be another combo. But I have other commitments for the rest of the weekend. I've never done Laurel. That reopened last season?

Large Squirrel

a.k.a. guitar73
Skier
@tinymoose and I rolled into the upper lot around 6.20-ish and headed into lodge and @vanhoskier was already there booting up. made in on snow about 6:45 for a warm-up lap before meeting with the race clinic at the racing office. we pretty much lapped the 6-pack all nite doing more drills and exercises that are supposed to make one a better skier, but in reality made me feel like a moron, lol! my run of the nite was a quick blast down razor's early on to catch up to a clinic straggler to make sure we didn't lose him. good thing we were working on technical skillz b/c we needed them given the variable surface conditions (sugary chop, polished slick hard pack, to boiler plate ice). we didn't run any gates this week, but sounds like they are setting a course for next week.

called it quits about 9:15 and did two laps through barney's bumps, which was a mistake. there were a few good turns to be had in there, but for the most part the moguls had been severely skied out and/or destroyed entirely to expose the nasty boiler plate. def high impact skiing, and my ankles and right knee are a bit angry with me today. after that, we retired to the upper mtn bar for après. got home about 12:30 and the cats were angry with us b/c we had left them alone all nite long.

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@Catskill carver/or others.....any reports on how Windham is skiing this week thanks to the snow on Wed?

Was thinking about skipping Hunter and heading to Windham tomorrow am...

Sponsor

Staff online