• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Then it’s changed a lot since you’ve been there. The Lodge has been updated with a great bar and restaurant, outdoor deck and firepits.

-
I didn't care for the terrain. Very flat from the upside down a' la' Jack Frost main Lodge at the top of the mountain to mid mountain which still skied like a green to the lowers short stretch of the steep black runs. Felt like I could ski the place with cross-country gear, kick and glide from the lodge lifts, long Telle S turns mid-MT and schussing the bottom with difficulty comming to a stop given a very short run-out to the lift.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
King of Prussia Ski Club seems to be the big one.

I've participated in a few different clubs. Have only actually been a paid member of the Wissahickon Ski Club. They have their own ski hill with T-bar just outside of the city which is complete with a chalet for meetings. I wouldn't argue with you if you get the idea that they are a hoity-toity club. One must be sponsored by a member to join.

If you are young look into PFR meet-up group - they are an informal group of 20, 30 and 40 somethings with a small handful in their 50's. Nothing else in the city like them, Philly Trips & Travel and Main Line Ski & Social Club tried.

Large Squirrel

a.k.a. guitar73
Skier
I didn't care for the terrain. Very flat from the upside down a' la' Jack Frost main Lodge at the top of the mountain to mid mountain which still skied like a green to the lowers short stretch of the steep black runs. Felt like I could ski the place with cross-country gear, kick and glide from the lodge lifts, long Telle S turns mid-MT and schussing the bottom with difficulty comming to a stop given a very short run-out to the lift.

interesting take on montage. i've always liked the differences between the uppper mtn and the north face. to me, a lot of the local hills ski kind of "uniformly" across the entire area, and i find that kind of boring (i.e. bland, vanilla, no character). blue mtn, falls into that category for me. blue's only real saving aspect is razor's edge. and at jack frost, the tree skiing there is what sets it apart from all other eastern PA hills (for me).

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
@guitar73 I get bored at all of the PA hills. The 1, 2, 3 you're done runs just aren't challenging over a long enough distance to satisfy. However, they do serve a purpose. With good conditions when fresh snow is falling my first choice would be ELK. If Camelback and or Blue get 6" tomorrow, vs 2" at ELK, I would consider one of them - if I wasn't horrified of the snow day and after-school crowds.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
well, yeah...don't we all, lol? but we ski what we have and then travel elsewhere for more vert and expansive terrain.
Exactally, and why I went on to say that they serve a purpose.
Btw, I'm not one to follow a fixed time schedule and really like the flexibility of X lift ticket hours begins with your first lift ride at Blue.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Getting a powder day in Central NC today. Obigatory deck furniture photo after 2 hours of snow at 11am. It's supposed to keep dumping until later this evening. Gonna break out the tele rig tonight after work..

26731511_1949951951687000_2301560252409884072_n.jpg

Last edited:

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
And I'm stuck in the office like a chump.
:(
Ya, I work out of a home office so as long as there is power and internet I'm stuck as well. Also, there is an office about 15 miles away with full disaster support, 2 weeks of back up power and satellite internet support so even if the power goes out I could drive the ski car over there and work..

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
And I'm stuck in the office like a chump.
:(

It’s very rare the stars align and my day off is a powder day. Almost didn’t happen. My son called me as I’m driving down the block to ask me to come to him as he just slid off the road. He’s only had his license for 6 months. Thankfully he just went up and down a curb. No damage. This should slow him down for a while.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
storm totals reported so far:

blue mtn - 9"
jfbb - 8"
montage - 7"
elk - 6"
camelback - 6"
bear creek - 3"
Blue Mt. tomorrow and I hope they did not close schools so less traffic on the Mt. Maybe Elk on Saturday.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Blue Mt. tomorrow and I hope they did not close schools so less traffic on the Mt. Maybe Elk on Saturday.
That 9" and Blue's proximity makes it really difficult to not take a "mental health" day! I should try - Do you have a PugSki sticker on your helmet for me to find you if I go?

Last edited: