• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Memphis St Jude Marathon

Gary Stolt

Mr. Style
Team Gathermeister
Is anybody running in Memphis on Dec 7th? The St Jude Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K and 5K will attract 20,000 - 25,000 runners. It is exciting to be in the crowd. I will be running the 5K, as I did last year. 5K is a marathon to me.

TS
Gary Stolt

Gary Stolt

Mr. Style
Team Gathermeister
Just got back from Memphis (St Jude marathon, half, 10K and 5K). Made it to the finish line sucking wind but still upright. YEA!
Actually got third in my age group.
There were 26,000 runners this year in the four races and a lot of excitement in the air with several bands along the different routes, and thousands of people cheering. It's their biggest fund raiser of the year raising $millions. I believe they do a good job working primarily to treat/cure cancer in kids.
The 5K and 10K start together (7,500 runners) and take up at least 3 blocks. Start gun went off and it took me almost 3 minutes to get to the start line and I was in the front third.
Our daughter ran the half marathon (13.1 miles) and got 6th in her age group (900 runners). She runs - even though I think I'm running, it looks more like jogging.