• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

DoryBreaux

Not the Pixar Character
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Some of you may have at one point over the years bumped into the CliffHangers at Northstar. Bike bells on their poles, ugly sweaters, and a few of them always had lollipops in their pockets to hand out to the lifties. I first met them working in epicMix photo, and a few of them remain good friends today. There were so many antics and so much goofing off while riding the lift with them that you kind of forgot about skiing. Until they got onto the snow and reminded everyone that the best skier is truly the one having the most fun. Skiing with that crew was always about having more fun than everyone else, unless they could get everyone else in on it. There arent really any stand out moments with them, they were all fun and full of character.

Oh yeah, and Matt Reeder.

Michael Kane

Kano
Skier
Robin-co Jones (numerous mid-west areas) That dude friggin rips it up

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
What about Guy in Shorts and mister moose??
Here is a shot of Mr Moose on Superstar post season. Femaleskibum rocking Superstar in a skirt. And of course Batman calls Killington home. GIS=Guy In Shorts and here I am holding the trail sign.

1June2014.jpg
Mr Moose
Superstar3.jpg
In Skirt
Batman Returns.jpg
Batman
GIS Trail Sign.jpg

mister moose

Instigator
Skier

I love the waning days of the season when the green below turns bright emerald, and on a sunny day the green/white contrast just pops. That doesn't happen (In my experience) late season out west above timberline, it's all sun weathered rocks. There's only a few days between these two photos, but look at the difference in green.

thewirewiz

Booting up
Skier
Tried to edit. Not very good at this.

Should say Mt. Washington Valley.

It's not really mine.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Jim and Vince Kenney. Thurs guys are everywhere.

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
The guy who wears a coyote on his head and jeans at Eldora.

I ran into a guy in Iowa quite a few years back who skied with a coyote on his head.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
This guy I ski with once in a while his name is John and what makes him a character is he never buys new ski equipment. He goes to garage sales and finds skis, boots, bindings for just a few bucks and gets this good equipment for practically nothing. Unfortunately he never shuts up about how cheap his equipment was and tells the same story over and over about how he got this good equipment for so little money.

Jack skis

Ex 207cm VR17 Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Was Slim the liftee who gave my wife shoulder rubs every time we loaded the lift? That would have been in the 1990's, and right at the end of the season. We were doing one of our drives between WA and CO and skiing areas as we passed by. Meant to ski Jackson Hole (the last day of the season?) but a Patroller told us the snow was better at Targhee. So figuring we could always come back we took the drive and G. got the shoulder rubs. He ignored me, couldn't figure that one out.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
This guy I ski with once in a while his name is John and what makes him a character is he never buys new ski equipment. He goes to garage sales and finds skis, boots, bindings for just a few bucks and gets this good equipment for practically nothing. Unfortunately he never shuts up about how cheap his equipment was and tells the same story over and over about how he got this good equipment for so little money.
John sounds quite a bit like me.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I'd still like to ski a couple laps with Billy Kidd. Not likely to happen this lifetime but that would be quite cool.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I'd still like to ski a couple laps with Billy Kidd. Not likely to happen this lifetime but that would be quite cool.
We get to ski with @Justin Koski the Hall of Fame Director at events..wherever he shows up it is like a pick up baseball game with the '27 Yankees.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
John sounds quite a bit like me.
It is fine to get a good deal on equipment but. Are you sure you want to admit to that? The worst part is having to listen to the same story over and over again.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January