• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Dean

Lawn chair sledder extraordinaire
Skier
Trying to decide if it is good or bad that there isn't a single Mid Atlantic NC or VA (or WVA or PA) resort that is part of any giant conglomerate or multi region season pass offering. In fact, most of the resorts here don't even sell a decent full price pass without massive blackout dates.

Actually Snowshoe is part of it.

And Snowshoe has offered a great season pass deal for several years now. The ridiculous pass has been ~$200-250 and starts March of the previous season. I didn't get one this season, but have for several years before. Even got a couple free days at Winter Park with it one year.
It'll be interesting to see they continue it. The announcement is usually mid Feb with limited sale dates shortly thereafter (closing out ~3/1).

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
It is a ton of fun speculating, but I am still concerned on how the pricing will turn out. The Cali4ia pass is definitely gone for next year. I'm hoping that's because they plan to have a California pass that includes all 6 properties. It's wait and see for now and the suspense continues.

TS
PisteOff

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
And then there is this......Didn't see this coming and I'm not thrilled about it. The MCP looks to be getting butchered but no announcements there yet.....

Telluride goes Epic...

TonyPlush

Out on the slopes
Skier
I'm hoping it's structured like the MAX pass so the only way to get unlimited skiing is by having a season pass at your home mountain. I'm fine if it costs more than the Epic pass. Hope it does, actually.

I don't want Copper, my home mountain, to turn into an Epic mess of crowds. I'd be happy buying a Copper Pass (or Copper/Eldora) and paying extra for the add-on for days at the other resorts. As much as I'll miss unlimited WP & Copper, I'll miss short lift lines more. I can live with 5 days at WP, especially given the other options opened up.

I suspect those who consider Alta, Snowbird and DV home also feel the same way. Unlimited skiing at those three sounds like a great idea at first but would destroy those areas.
My first thought after the initial excitement of the star-studded roster.

I'm a former Denver-ite and now destination skier based in the Midwest. The growing lift lines at Vail, Breck, and Keystone were concerning when I lived in Denver. But last year I had to pretty much swear off traveling to Epic resorts, when a powder day at Whistler was met with 45 minute lines at every single lift. No sense traveling to a destination resort if it means you can only get 5 runs in all day.

Will be very interesting to see the pricing. IKON is obviously going for the cream of the crop. I wouldn't mind seeing the price structured to keep the elite resorts elite.

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
And then there is this......Didn't see this coming and I'm not thrilled about it. The MCP looks to be getting butchered but no announcements there yet.....

Telluride goes Epic...
Not happy about this and even less about Whistler/BC going to Epic this year. I had friends wanting to go to Whistler/BC
and I squelched the idea since I have no Vail related passes this year.

I'm dying to see next years Ikon Pass. Release soon would be great. Not expected as a lot of details are still to be ironed out.

Last edited: