• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Bnet_Bandit

Plastic Slapper
Skier
Not entirely sure if this will gain any traction, but I think it would be nice to start having regional discussion threads for Masters Racing.

I will start this off with I am Zach, I have been racing for 20 years, and this is sadly my last year as a Class 1 racer :(

I will be spending most of my time in the New York Division as well as Several Mid-Atlantic & New England Races.

New York Schedule,
January 6th- Swain (SL/GS)
January 12th- Labrador (GS/GS)
January 13th- Song (Sl/SL)
January 19th- Hunt Hollow (GS/GS)
January 24th-27th Stratton VT, Regional Championships
February 2-3rd- Holimont/Holiday Valley (GS/GS)&(SL/SL) ** based on Jr schedules**
February 15-17th- West Mountain (SG/GS/SL)
March 3rd- Swain (SL/GS)

Mid Atlantic Schedule,
January 5-6th- Elk Mountain (GS/SL)
January 12-13th same as NY schedule, these will count to Foy Cup
February 9-10th- Belleayre (GS/SL)
February 23rd Mountain Creek (GS/GS) 2 day race*
March 2nd- CANCELLED looking for venue
March 15-17th- West Mountain FOY Cup Finals (SG/GS/SL)

New England Schedule,
January 5-6th- Mount Sunapee (SL/GS)
January 12th- Middleburry Snow Bowl (GS)
January 13th- Suicide Six (SL)
February 2nd- Shawnee Peak (SL)
February 2rd- Cranmore Mt (parallel paneled SL)
February 9-10th- Ragged Mt (SL/GS)
February 15-17th West Mountain (SG/GS/SL)
February 23rd- Mittersil (GS)
February 24th- Waterville Valley (SL)
March 1st- Wachusett MT (SL)
March 8-9th- Okemo Mt (TBD) Sise Cup Finals

Other Note Worthy Races,

March 17th- Holiday Valley NY (Super G) This is a fun 1 day race, its going to be a super wide open course and proceeds go to the Junior program. They call it a SG, but we should use that phase extremely loosely

February 4th- Snow Shoe WV, Cupp Run. Same type of format as the SG above, get the long skis out and get your legs ready to get sit down in a tuck.

Might have missed a few, any registration questions should be sent to the regional point of contract. Sadly I am not here to answer those types of questions. But if anyone is going to be at one of these be sure to post as I am always game for side bets on the first adult drink of choice after the race.

Tom Holtmann

TomH
Skier
Is Greg Sarkis still skiing that circuit? I used to live on the same street as him and he was a beast in the gates.

TS
Bnet_Bandit

Bnet_Bandit

Plastic Slapper
Skier
Welcome to NY Masters Zach! Have fun competing against Tom Scheeler in class one. I'm an old slow guy in class nine, so I'm no competition.............

If there is one thing I learned racing there is a lot of sneaky "old slow guys"

Johnny V.

Half Fast Hobby Racer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Is Greg Sarkis still skiing that circuit? I used to live on the same street as him and he was a beast in the gates.

Yes he is and he's still a beast. He races Masters and our Bristol Beer league.

If there is one thing I learned racing there is a lot of sneaky "old slow guys"

Pepi Neubauer is a class 10, but there's nothing slow and sneaky about him.......

What's your home hill?

TS
Bnet_Bandit

Bnet_Bandit

Plastic Slapper
Skier
Yes he is and he's still a beast. He races Masters and our Bristol Beer league.

Pepi Neubauer is a class 10, but there's nothing slow and sneaky about him.......

What's your home hill?

I am out of Holiday Valley now, I am kicking around the idea of buying a house at holimont, I know one of the coaches and would love to help with their Jr program some as well.

Johnny V.

Half Fast Hobby Racer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I prefer Holimont to HV-it just seems to ski bigger. The race hill is fun except for the small finish corral. I'll look for you at the NY Masters races.

Sponsor