• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Looks like they have new GM.

MARQUETTE, Mich. (WLUC) - Marquette Mountain has a new general manager, and he's explaining his plans to get the ski hill "back on track."

Andrew Farron replaced Frank Malette as GM on Monday afternoon.

Malette became GM last summer. The changes he made, combined with several shortcomings in routine operations this winter, disappointed and frustrated many local ski enthusiasts.

Farron says he has been snowboarding at Marquette Mountain for more than 15 years. He grew up in Traverse City and moved to Marquette with his wife two years ago.

Farron says he is leaving his engineering career to turn his frustration into action at Marquette Mountain.

Farron says he has been meeting with the ski hill's owner regularly for the last two weeks and has approval for a number of changes. Farron says the T-Bar has officially returned. Malette changed the bar's name to the Carp River Saloon.

Below is the letter Farron wrote to community members:

Like many of you, I am a winter sports enthusiast, strongly planted in the Midwest. I am a member of the community and Marquette Mountain is a core part of my life. I too have been watching closely as it falls far short of its true potential.

cont.
https://www.uppermichiganssource.co...B_Tp6qM7aru5z0BL_TGN-AJYsU0xMpMStB-8_D5QGZdvQ

Sponsor