• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Northern Rockies/Alberta Marmot Basin Family Long Weekend - Jasper National Park

Mike Rogers

Out on the slopes
Skier
Nice trip report!

I really like Jasper National Park, but I have only skied Marmot once. I had a really fun day there though. I would definitely ski there more often if it was an easier trip from Calgary. Right now, I tend to visit the park mostly in the fall and spring. The Athabasca Valley is a bit lower than the Bow Valley, and "shoulder season" in Jasper has similar weather/trail conditions to Canmore....it's a nice change of scenery from our regular mountains.

In the winter though....the Icefields Parkway is often a tough (but beautiful) drive. This post makes me want to ski Marmot again soon!

TS
albertanskigirl

albertanskigirl

aka Sabrina
Skier
We usually are in Jasper over shoulder season - we really love the huts in the Tonquin and Fryatt. But I love Jasper in winter too. Marmot is great - but I also really love skiing and snowshoeing at Maligne Lake too. The last time SO and I were snowshoeing at Maligne Lake, we were the only ones there. There are some really great places for winter fun in Jasper.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
  • Philpug
    Notorious P.U.G.
  • Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid