• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Marker Griffon TCX Demo bindings

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
I just found out about these bindings while looking for demo bindings for my Phat Skis. Brakes interchangeable with my existing Griffon ID bindings. :D

Have not heard/read anything about the new rear toe piece :huh: :cool:

FullSizeRender 2.JPG
IMG_4244.JPG

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We have reference them here: 2019 Marker Bindings.

Marker Squire 11 TCX D
  • Adjustment range: 260-388mm
  • Toolless length adjustment: Yes
  • Sole compatibility: All
  • Pluses: Lightest of all demos
  • Minuses: Still need to check forward pressure
  • Others to consider: Atomic/Salomon Warden 11 DT; Look NX 12 Konect; Tyrolia Attack2 11 AT Demo

Marker Griffon 13 TCX D
  • Adjustment range: 260-388mm
  • Toolless length adjustment: Yes
  • Sole compatibility: All
  • Pluses: Easy step-in heel
  • Minuses: Still need to check forward pressure
  • Others to consider: Atomic/Salomon Warden MNC 13 DT; Look SPX 12 Konect; Tyrolia Attack2 13 AT Demo
It is also available with the Squire toe.

IMHO this is a good direction for Marker to get away from the Royal heel. The Twincam heel design is much easier to enter and exit from while still retaining the lateral spring Royal toe.

TS
Ken_R

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
The bindings are mounted on the noctas. They have a lot of neat features (besides the new heel piece) like the tool-less levers front and rear and the forward pressure indicator (white with black line) which makes it super easy to quickly verify it from above. Dont know the exact numbers but they are pretty darn low to the ski.

_5D43829.JPG
_5D43828.JPG
_5D43827.JPG
_5D43825.JPG
_5D43826.JPG

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The bindings are mounted on the noctas. They have a lot of neat features (besides the new heel piece) like the tool-less levers front and rear and the forward pressure indicator (white with black line) which makes it super easy to quickly verify it from above. Dont know the exact numbers but they are pretty darn low to the ski.

View attachment 69191 View attachment 69192 View attachment 69193 View attachment 69194 View attachment 69195
If these didn't have a negative delta, I would be more than happy to run them on our skis. IMHO this is a good direction for Marker, is this the start of the Roal heel being phased out?

TS
Ken_R

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
If these didn't have a negative delta, I would be more than happy to run them on our skis. IMHO this is a good direction for Marker, is this the start of the Roal heel being phased out?

Maybe, its a start. The heel piece feels quite sturdy, its similar to the one Marker uses on some of their race bindings.

Coolhand

Getting off the lift
Skier
What's with the negative delta? Was this purposeful or was it an accident of adapting the new heel piece to the FDT track?

Fischer does this (negative delta) with many of their race skis and Curv skis, I really dislike this. Flat or a little positive delta is better for the vast majority of skiers.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
What's with the negative delta? Was this purposeful or was it an accident of adapting the new heel piece to the FDT track?

Fischer does this (negative delta) with many of their race skis and Curv skis, I really dislike this. Flat or a little positive delta is better for the vast majority of skiers.
Marker is running Negative Delta on they bindings..even on their system skis. I do't understand it either but we have some members like @Andy Mink and @AmyPJ who prefer it.

ted

Getting off the lift
Skier
Any idea of how much negative delta?
I measured an older pair of marker demos at
-.5mm. Can someone please measure?
I’d go foe these at -.5. Better for me than +.

princo

Getting off the lift
Skier
Does anybody knows if there are replacement brakes available for the Griffon TCX binding? If it uses the TCX heel, the royal brakes probably won't work?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Does anybody knows if there are replacement brakes available for the Griffon TCX binding? If it uses the TCX heel, the royal brakes probably won't work?
Royal brakes work.

Tom351

Putting on skis
Skier
Is AFD height adjustable on these (demo)? It seems to me like it is not, just wanting to confirm.

JButtah

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Anybody know whether the base plates and brakes are interchangeable between the Griffon TCX demos and the Squire TCX demos? TIA.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Anybody know whether the base plates and brakes are interchangeable between the Griffon TCX demos and the Squire TCX demos? TIA.
I believe they are

Sponsor