• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Man who fell into Yellowstone hot springs completely dissolved

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I know!
That was my first thought, but the article was portrayed in such a way that I couldn't help but see the crazy side of it, and wonder how a body disintegrates while his wallet and flip flops don't. @VickieH 's comment about the twinkie actually made me chuckle....because twinkies

I wonder how much all of the other "warning" labels -- electrical items, toys, coffee cups -- have desensitized us to real warnings and real danger.
I've thought about this a lot, especially with all the liability stuff I've dealt with in the ski industry as well as the dirt bike/motocross world.
I was a risk management officer for a motorcycle track for 15 years and can't believe the things people do for a thrill but then blame someone else if they get hurt.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
So if I die of old age will I finally be smart? Am if I am what good will it do?
You'll leave an illusion of living an intelligent life :D
[please note the tone of humor in this post]

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I was hoping of a heart attack during sex. ;)

Does that mean if I abstain from sex, I'll live longer?

Nah, it is probably more along the line of "Vegetarian don't really live longer, they just look older."

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

MarkP

Saturday, and Saturday, and Saturday...
Skier
I was hoping of a heart attack during sex. ;)

I'd prefer to go AFTER sex... during brings in the possibility of fun not completely done! ;);)

wutangclan

Getting on the lift
Skier
  1. This happened over two years ago.
  2. It all happened right in front of the deceased's sister's eyes ... incredibly tragic.
  3. Flip flops and wallet were probably made of rubber, plastic or other petrochemical-based synthetic materials. At the risk of a thread derail, that should give you pause about the impact of plastic waste accumulation.