• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Man who fell into Yellowstone hot springs completely dissolved

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This story is direct to you from the "You can't make this stuff up" part of the world we live in.

I especially like the quotes from this article like -
  • ...science has confirmed that death is really quite bad for your health.
  • Although incidents like this are clearly quite tragic, they’re also a testament to the incredibly daft lengths people go to show off to someone, be “brave”, or – in this case – have a very unique bath.
  • ...surrounded by a bunch of quite prominent warning signs for a really, really, really good reason.(more than one really, really?)
  • Are you a microscopic, extremophilic lifeform? No, we didn’t think so. So stay the hell back,
  • ...they found that nothing of the man remained – except his wallet and his flip flops. (what the heck were his flip flops and wallet made of?

Condolences to his family, but "you really can't make this stuff up."

SShore

Resident Curmudgeon
Skier
Living very close to the Park, so we get to visit several times a year. It never ceases to amaze me how many stupid people do stupid things with signage everywhere warning them not to do said stupid things. You can cure a lot of things, but you can't cure stupid.

slowrider

Trencher
Skier
36382026_10214352051946991_2296119469543522304_o.jpg

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
Living very close to the Park, so we get to visit several times a year. It never ceases to amaze me how many stupid people do stupid things with signage everywhere warning them not to do said stupid things. You can cure a lot of things, but you can't cure stupid.
Like Conlin v. Vail?

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Chalk up another candidate for the Darwin Awards. Signs don't cure stupid.

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Like Conlin v. Vail?
Nice. Are you disparaging a dead 13-year-old boy?

Or is the stupid you are referring to the fact that Vail, unlike Yellowstone, did not put up a sign? Or that Vail didn't do any avalanche mitigation?

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
Nice. Are you disparaging a dead 13-year-old boy?

Or is the stupid you are referring to the fact that Vail, unlike Yellowstone, did not put up a sign? Or that Vail didn't do any avalanche mitigation?
I've ignored warning/closed signs before, still do sometimes, still not smart. I thought pushing the case was stupid, higher it went, less chance it had.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Is there a smart way to die?

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
I wonder how much all of the other "warning" labels -- electrical items, toys, coffee cups -- have desensitized us to real warnings and real danger.
I'd say, in general, many people have a poor understanding or acknowledgement of actual risk anymore. I think the media uses us..social media..politicians.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I wonder how much all of the other "warning" labels -- electrical items, toys, coffee cups -- have desensitized us to real warnings and real danger.

Instead of thinking how desensitized they have made us. Think about all the idiots they recused from the clutches of Chuck (Darwin).

Sponsor

Staff online