• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada Mammoth Mountain and a Sponsor's Condo

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Mammoth is always an adventure to visit. This year’s WWSRA Demo was no exception -- well, maybe it was the rule, because it was the first time in a dozen or so trips that we got to experience Mammoth weather in all of its brutal glory. No worries, because we were staying in the comfort of our sponsor's nice, warm townhouse. This 1400-square-foot two-bedroom Snowcreek 5 condo owned by member @Sunnysloper and advertised HERE is just minutes from not only the bustling mecca of Mammoth Lakes but just straight down the road a piece to the resort.​
M8brK2RbQ7SATL5vHTY+gg.jpg

The turn-of-the-century two-story townhouse -- sorry, I just love throwing in “turn of the century” whenever I can -- is well built with a very good layout. The condo development does an excellent job maintaining the units, so when we drove up in the middle of a storm, we had no problem getting in; the half flight of stairs gave easy access to the front door, and the driveway was plowed so we could unload our gear through the garage and into the unit. The garage was well appointed with ski racks and a tuning bench with all the tools to do basic edge deburring and waxing, including an iron and an array of wax choices. The garage was even big enough to fit the SS Pugski (aka a Yukon XL).
C8BPxHwxTnqeONXLgv7tfw.jpg +3gAeyc%RbGAvk6rJR71wg.jpg VJ7TzSwFSPKI2tUTTfDARA.jpg
Tuning area and @Tricia's amazing parking job​

The interior layout has the living space upstairs plus a bedroom with a queen bed and a full bathroom. The kitchen is stocked with a full spice cabinet and a set of knives that were actually sharp. Why do we point this out? Well, it has gotten so bad traveling from condo to condo that @Andy Mink actually went to Costco on one of our trips, purchased a set of knives, and donated them for Team Pugski to use when traveling. Kitchens are the central area where everyone congregates, and this one works well. The living room layout with sofa bed is homey and comfortable. The oversized chairs are perfect for naps after a day of skiing. The 60-in. smart TV has more than the three basic channels to watch when you get snowed in. There is also a nice multidevice charger in the kitchen for most of your charging needs.
kitchen-bar.jpg

Living%20couch.jpg

downstairs-angle%20bed.jpg

More pictures here from The Gallery.

The downstairs master bedroom is a nice size with a very comfortable king bed; it was easily the highest bed I ever slept in, but a good night's sleep is well worth the rappel down to the floor. The master bath is unusual in that it has two full-size showers: one is a bath/shower in the side room with the toilet, and the other is a double in the main part of the bath. Also located on the lower level is a full-size washer and dryer and a wall-installed Commercial Gear Dryer® boot/glove/hat dryer system.

Overall, this Sage Grouse condo in Snowcreek 5 is a great place to stay and should be on your short list when visiting Mammoth.

VickiK

Out on the slopes
Skier
Hi, @Sunnysloper , I poked around the website. It and your condo look really nice. I had some issues accessing the availability page but I am doing this at work and will re-try from home later on.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
The garage was well appointed with ski racks and a tuning bench with all the tools to do basic edge deburring and waxing, including an iron and an array of wax choices.
Wow! Is that on the listing?
I'd probably still bring my own guide and stones, but leaving the iron at home helps a ton with the airline weight limit!

Sunnysloper

Putting on skis
Skier
Wow! Is that on the listing?
I'd probably still bring my own guide and stones, but leaving the iron at home helps a ton with the airline weight limit!
Yep there’s an iron, bench, clamps, waxes ect. but only a basic file guide for edges. If there’s anything else you might need that won’t fit in the luggage let me know, I’ll see what I can do.

Sunnysloper

Putting on skis
Skier
Hi, @Sunnysloper , I poked around the website. It and your condo look really nice. I had some issues accessing the availability page but I am doing this at work and will re-try from home later on.

Glad you like the look of the place. Sorry about the availability page we had a bad link, it should be fixed now but it will take you to a link to an airbnb calendar. Other dates can be made available to fit your schedule, just e-mail us through the site snowcreek5.com or [email protected]

Thanks for the interest!

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Have stayed in Mammoth a few times, but always in village for convenience. I know where your property is located....from your location, do you take the bus?....or do you drive up...and if you drive, which “lot/lodge” do you like to start from?

It’s always nice to know “favorite” properties at places we like to visit. Your property looks great!

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Mammoth will be open well into August..plan your trip down there.

Sunnysloper

Putting on skis
Skier
Have stayed in Mammoth a few times, but always in village for convenience. I know where your property is located....from your location, do you take the bus?....or do you drive up...and if you drive, which “lot/lodge” do you like to start from?

It’s always nice to know “favorite” properties at places we like to visit. Your property looks great!

Thanks!

There is bus service at stop 3 on Old Mammoth rd. which is about a half mile from our place, so too far to walk in boots with skis in hand. But if you get a locker for your stay the walk is pleasant in shoes.

Main Lodge is a 4 mile drive from the Townhouse. It’s where I almost always start because:
  • A parking shuttle services all of the Minaret road adjacent parking areas down to Chair 4 (sometimes lower) and takes you right to the Lodge. Stops A, B, C and Chair 2 are best (in that order but I’d rather park at the sign at B or C than between A and B)
  • There are spots to park that allow you to easily ski back to your car if you need to so you can use it as locker. They fill up early though.
  • If I’m going to ski till closing and get stuck on one side or the other, that’s the side I’d be skiing.
  • If I’m going to après till closing, The Yodler, The Mill, The Inn and Tusks (in that order) are the places I’d chose.
  • Getting to the slopes from the Main Lodge entrance doesn’t require an escalator.
There’s a write up I did on Mammoth Mountain parking Here. It’s a little silly, my wife thought blogging would help search results haha.

If you’re coming after April 28th Main will be the only lodge open. A bus trip or drive to Main will be required from the Village then too.
Hope this helps!

Reactions: BC.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Having just made a day trip to Mammoth that turned into an overnight, due to weather, we had a chance to visit with @Sunnysloper and his family and catch a few turns with him before heading home today.

I must say, this location and the accommodating nature of Sunnysloper is really incredible.
For anyone planning a trip to Mammoth to take advantage of the late spring (cough) winter skiing, don't hesitate to reach out to this member.

Sponsor

Staff online