• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Madrussian Skis

TS
mishka

mishka

Getting off the lift
Industry Insider
Those are the ones I was considering and yes I was also thinking about a Pugski sticker in the graphics....great minds drink alike!

I would like to suggest make it 3 pairs and add MR87. Strong skiers especially with racing background like 87th more for some reason
Woohoo! I foresee a Madrussian Demo in my future. :mojito::daffy:

New England members can make demo day anytime:crash:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I haven't been this envious of NE skiers since, well 14-15 when they had snow and Tahoe didn't! And the 87 sounds fun!
I still think an 87-low 90's width ski should be the foundation ski for a Tahoe skier.

TS
mishka

mishka

Getting off the lift
Industry Insider
I still think an 87-low 90's width ski should be the foundation ski for a Tahoe skier.

BrianC asked for 95 for daily driver at Tahoe. Dadskier wanted 90 probably daily driver around here inNE. While skis shape looks very similar they made differently and should/will ski differently.

90 is a start.... give me more thoughts and numbers so I can put it all together

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
BrianC asked for 95 for daily driver at Tahoe. Dadskier wanted 90 probably daily driver around here inNE. While skis shape looks very similar they made differently and should/will ski differently.

90 is a start.... give me more thoughts and numbers so I can put it all together
I am concerned with flex as much as shape. How do we determine flex?

TS
mishka

mishka

Getting off the lift
Industry Insider
I am concerned with flex as much as shape. How do we determine flex?

unfortunately it's only one way I know of. By trying 80 87 and 95 you should have good picture of what to expect from skis build to your specifications.

I only compared once last season blizzard latigo and MR80. 80s is stiffer more precise, noticeably stiffer tail ....of course I am biased but trying to be honest to myself

TS
mishka

mishka

Getting off the lift
Industry Insider
ski building season officially over. A lot new this year new designs and new ski construction

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 44
TS
mishka

mishka

Getting off the lift
Industry Insider
one interesting experiment in ski designs this year JK-90. for sometimes now I've been thinking on making narrow version of ski design I made couple years ago MR-110. Finally got to do it. JK-90 have different construction but virtually same design

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 39

Dadskier

Getting off the lift
Skier
Maybe its just the camera angle or way you are standing, but those look a good 6-8" taller than you?

I'm 5'9" so (175cm ish) and the skis are 185 so yeah taller than me. The tips have a fair amount of rocker so they should ski shorter. Most of my skis run between 180 and 188 so I think I'll be good.

TS
mishka

mishka

Getting off the lift
Industry Insider
Haven't skied them myself yet, so it's a bit of an experiment on how the specs and construction will work on the snow. .

it always a chance when going full custom, one-of-a-kind skis.... however probability is very high that you got exactly what you wanted

Ecimmortal

Getting off the lift
Skier
Can't believe I have missed this thread. Always fascinated with ski design and building. I blame having a friend in the ski manufacturing business for ruining me, and de-mystifying the marketing BS that sells big brand ski's.

TS
mishka

mishka

Getting off the lift
Industry Insider
Can't believe I have missed this thread. Always fascinated with ski design and building. I blame having a friend in the ski manufacturing business for ruining me, and de-mystifying the marketing BS that sells big brand ski's.

glad you find it interesting.

sorry to hear on "de-mystifying the marketing BS" you should not asked your friend :nono:

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
@mishka, did you have experience before building skis or was this your first venture into it when you purchased the press? I have thought about dabbling in this for fun for myself and kids.

TS
mishka

mishka

Getting off the lift
Industry Insider
no I didn't work in ski industry before started making skis. I didn't purchase press ether had it custom built. Dabbing doesn't work with ski building unless you already have full shop set up if not initial cost will be very high wouldn't make sense just a couple pairs

Brian Likes Pow

Out on the slopes
Skier
I cant wait to get mine out!!!!!

I'll be down right after Halloween but before thanksgiving dude. Maybe a bit wide for Cannon Mt but at this point I'm so used to a wider ski it should be fine. Besides its gonna snow a wicked lot in the northeast this year!!!!

hrstrat57

Skis guitars Mustangs
Skier
Just found this thread.

I've met and ski'd with Mike (mishka)

Great skier and a great guy. Knows what he is talking about.

Carry on!

When is the SL race ski in production Mike?

:)