• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England Mad River Glen - A Trip East

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
Thanks PJ. That was great. Lot of great old skiers in that film. Fun to hear how a little group of pass holders just casually got together one day and without much input from owners or management went and cut one of the most famous expert runs in the country - Paradise. It looks like they made that documentary in 1989 and ironically at the end they talk about people skiing in the trees. They are not sure that is a good thing, but they can't stop all the people that seem to want to do it. Now, of course, that is THE thing MRG is known for;)

I thought it was NO snowboarders... :huh:

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
I thought I answered this but see that I must not have hit submit.
We are flying and either renting or stealing a car.

*fun story about the SS job.

like its no Longer Terry Barbour....

I actually have no idea who the new person is....

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
SS....

went to Sugarbush.

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Poor Mad River. It must be getting pretty thin down there. U14 SL cancelled and moved to Sugarbush this coming weekend.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Poor Ziggy, he pees on one smelly helmet, for the rest his life, he is labeled a smelly helmet pee'er/

AaronFM

Getting off the lift
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Keep me in the loop. It'll be great to ski MRG with Phil again, and finally meet Tricia.

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Somehow I missed this. I had a cat at the time so i'm sure he smelled that.

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
Is this still on your agenda? Due to the warm weather we cancelled plans for going to the Mid-A gathering and have our sights set on Sugarbush and MRG some time in March.

Read Blinn

lakespapa
Inactive
Let's all cross fingers. It's gotten awfully warm, but a couple of Nova Scotians we met say they always get a dump in March. (Don't know how that relates, but any straw works for me.)

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Let's all cross fingers. It's gotten awfully warm, but a couple of Nova Scotians we met say they always get a dump in March. (Don't know how that relates, but any straw works for me.)
It's just a behind - schedule January thaw. It will get cold again (eventually). We'll have a NE gathering.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I'll probably be at Sugarbush tomorrow. I'll report back. But based on what I'm seeing now in the Burlington area, they have been hit and hit hard. More cover in Maine, now, based on input from friends the last couple days.

sd1_today (1).jpg

Sponsor

Staff online