• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England Mad River Glen: A Bucket List Trip

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I usually ski it if I can :ogbiggrin: It's been a couple of years since however since I am now on IKON and EPIC, need to maximize the ROI. But I'm thinking it's time to get back home soon.

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
I love practice slope/race hill… it’s steep but it’s a very consistent, single fall line, wide trail. If I can ski from my car to the base area on practice slope and feel good going down, I know I’m in the right mindset (and my boots are adjusted right) to have a good day.
Car to base area? Where are you parking?

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
So thanks to @ilovepugs this arrived on my doorstep today.
I can't convey how much I appreciate this thoughtful delivery.
We are getting some snow so this makes it even more special on the delivery timing.

Well,....shit.
I think something in the cosmic forces is telling me that I am not supposed to have the single chair rocks glass.

I've been enjoying it quite a bit since @ilovepugs sent it to me a month ago.
Last night I was enjoying a beverage in this single chair glass when I went to get more ice.
I got ice in the glass, started to walk toward the bourbon and this giant chunk of glass fell off into my hand. No chips, no banging on anything, no dropping....just random piece fell off into my hand.

This is the third mishap (of sorts) that has told me that I am not supposed to have this glass.
IMG_6175.jpeg

no edge

Out on the slopes
Skier
Obviously it's been a while since Ive been there...that's something new to me. Way back when, the overflow just parked along the road

If you park in the practice slope lot, that works well except for getting back to the car at the end of the day. If the chair that services the practice slope shuts down you will need a ride back up the road to the lot. As I recall, it was never a problem to bum a ride but it was 1978.

ilovepugs

The human form of the 100 emoji
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Well,....shit.
I think something in the cosmic forces is telling me that I am not supposed to have the single chair rocks glass.

I've been enjoying it quite a bit since @ilovepugs sent it to me a month ago.
Last night I was enjoying a beverage in this single chair glass when I went to get more ice.
I got ice in the glass, started to walk toward the bourbon and this giant chunk of glass fell off into my hand. No chips, no banging on anything, no dropping....just random piece fell off into my hand.

This is the third mishap (of sorts) that has told me that I am not supposed to have this glass.
View attachment 197123
Ugh, I’m sorry! That sucks!!!

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Ugh, I’m sorry! That sucks!!!
Right!???
Its like something is telling me that its not meant to be.
All in the span of a few months, after having the original glass for 4.5 years.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Right!???
Maybe something is telling you to go back there and buy one yourself!

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Maybe this is why it happened

Reactions: JCF

dan ross

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Right!???
Might be time for one of these. :D Besides, it holds more;) 7782216F-9AF3-4C37-BB91-F726F40EE947.jpeg

Sponsor