• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

MAD Magazine ceasing newsstand availablity

T-Square

Terry
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Mad magazine was a reading staple in my house growing up.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Alfred E. Neuman has been many things to many people for many years.

"Alfred E. Neuman for President."

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I had more Mad Magazine comic books than any other type when I was growing up. One of the funny ones compared Alfred E Neuman to Prince Charles when he was a young boy.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I had more Mad Magazine comic books than any other type when I was growing up. One of the funny ones compared Alfred E Neuman to Prince Charles when he was a young boy.

Last edited:

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Those of us of a certain age grew up with MAD as our main source of entertainment (my mother didn't allow a TV in the house till 1969) . 60's and 70's were the golden age of MAD, I think. Great cartoonists like Dave Berg, Mort Drucker, Don Martin and Al Jaffee gave us some of the great characters of that era. Sad to see that it is ending, but maybe its time has come. I haven't seen a copy in years , so I don't really know what the current state is.
Damn , this makes me feel old!!

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Unfortunately I no longer have the image, but here is one in the series. It may have been on the inside back cover because I can't find it online. The magazine made a joke about it being something sinister...Taken on July 4th.
Khrushchev July 4.jpg

PS: I am not the bald guy....

TS
T-Square

T-Square

Terry
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Seeing that picture reminded me. Once they did a Burma-Shave take off.

Fat Nikita’s

getting stronger.

You can’t afford

to wait much longer.

Sherman Tanks!

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
This is sad. I was pretty good friends with Angelo Torres's son in elementary and middle school so I probably still have some books signed by him and Al Jaffee from when I went to the MAD studio in manhattan with him. I remember being a bit disappointed that it was pretty much a normal graphic arts and publishing operation and didn't have all sorts of crazy stuff going on. :roflmao::roflmao:

Sponsor

Staff online