• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mac-n-cheese

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Lobster, spinach, cavatapi, aged provolone sauce and a little truffle oil if that floats your boat.

My favorite has been orzo ( you need to cook this in chicken stock and finish with butter), an aged gouda sauce...nice gouda like Rembrandt and maybe mix in some gruyere, crispy pork belly lardons and scallion. Top with crumbs and hit it under the broiler real quick. This one is rich!
For those who don't know...@BrianC cooks..he cooks very well.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I saw on TV this morning that today is National Mac-N-Cheese day, so I looked up this thread and thought I would remind all the lovers of this great food. Also sharing that the last time my wife made mac-n-cheese she used the wagon wheel shape pasta and I was happy how much cheese that the different shape holds, much more than the traditional elbow mac. What other mac shapes do our PUGSKI folks like?

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Its been so hot in the Tahoe area, I'm not really in the mood for comfort foods like Mac-N-Cheese
More like potato salad and cole slaw.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
My wife decided to make Mac and Cheese as a side dish tonight, but she changed her usual recipe. This time she added cream cheese to the typical cheese mixture she makes. It made it extra creamy, and changed Mac and Cheese for the better.

wallyk

Would rather be ski'n
Skier
Did some home made Mac & Cheese with pulled pork and roasted green chilis this weekend.....pretty solid meal after a day on the slopes.
1614002857229.png

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
My daughter made this mac and cheese dish thanksgiving 2017, it was delish! I can't believe it was so long ago, she needs to make that again!

IMG_3713.JPG

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I agree with the bacon. Not always, but it sure is good.

I'm going to try @wallyk's 3 ingredient version, but not tonight.

My m&c starts with roux. I use pepper jack cheese. I add rosemary and mustard (prepared for convenience) and milk. Cream really enhances, but is a bit rich for an entree, which my m&c usually is.

I've been topping it lately with italian bread crumbs and if I feel decadent I use italian panko.

I have the ingredients, so it's what's for dinner tonight. Thanks @Tex for posting today to remind me.

20180120_190638_Queen Of The West Road.jpg

Reactions: Tex

Sponsor

Staff online