• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

MA resident, but VT will always be home

lisamamot

Lisa MA MOT
Skier
Hello! I have poked around for years on the site but just joined this week. I know several women on the forum and then I realized I would be in Big Sky at the same time as your gathering this year so it seemed like a great time to finally sign up ogsmile

I grew up in northern VT, but when I graduated from college I moved to FL for a couple years (yeah, I was young, foolish and engaged!). We lasted two years in the south before heading back north - the Boston area had the jobs so we settled in MA...and stayed.

I skied growing up and then pretty much stopped skiing when we left VT - careers then kids coupled with trying to grasp who in their right mind would drive 45 minutes to a small mountain or even worse 3+ hours to a larger New England mountain kept us away! That query went hand-in-hand with who would ever drive more than a half hour to work?! Perspective is everything, lol.

After a 25 year (gulp) absence from skiing I started back up about 5-6 years ago when our daughter wanted to learn so she could go skiing with friends. She loved it, I got hooked again and then the rest of the family dove in.

We have skied around New England, and then traveled a bit with the MaxPass and now the IKON. Have loved out handful of trips out west but there are so many other places I would love to try - and return to!

Sponsor