• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

M Combined Åre 2019

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
So today we wrap the first part with the last Combined in WCP history. DH is done and I think there can be in for a surprise on the podium. How's RCS:s SL?

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
How's RCS:s SL?

Not good enough.

Great skiing from Pinturalut and Schwarz, and amazing skiing from Hadalin! The DH guys definitely aren't as fleet of foot in the quick gates.

Sad to see combined go (I actually like the contest to find the best skier at both ends of the spectrum), but it was a suitable ending.

TS
Swede

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Temp’s were up a bit. I saw hoses and salt. Surface went pretty sour but the right winner in the end. If it ’d help up better there could have been a podium surprise. Paris SL surprisingly good.

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
I can't complain with outcome, as I'm super happy for Hadalin, but realistically... it's about time they finally end with this joke. Especially the way they are running it lately... 1min DH and 40sec kids SL run, and some people were even complaining why they shortened SL. This way it's clear who will win... SL racer that will dare to go in tuck... at least for few sec ;) For me combined is like finding best track and field athlete while javelin thrower and marathon runner competing in high jump. Maybe there was point in this 30 years ago, but with today's specialization, it's completely useless competition, and lately even all set toward SL racers. If they make 65sec long DH, then SL section should have 12 gates, and be some 10sec long.

D Lamour

Booting up
Pass Pulled
I can't complain with outcome, as I'm super happy for Hadalin, but realistically... it's about time they finally end with this joke. Especially the way they are running it lately... 1min DH and 40sec kids SL run, and some people were even complaining why they shortened SL. This way it's clear who will win... SL racer that will dare to go in tuck... at least for few sec ;) For me combined is like finding best track and field athlete while javelin thrower and marathon runner competing in high jump. Maybe there was point in this 30 years ago, but with today's specialization, it's completely useless competition, and lately even all set toward SL racers. If they make 65sec long DH, then SL section should have 12 gates, and be some 10sec long.

I tell you, my idea of doing a combined race in a single run is the best! Downhill then a slalom flush, 60mph jump into a hairpin, that would really tell you who can ski!

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
Hahaha that's one way, but the other way to tell who can ski is to have DH race and have best DH racer, and have SL race and get best SL racer on World. Sort of like it's done now. There's no need to get best most averaged racer :) But luckily that's last time we have this discussion :D