• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Lunch Recommendations

Jwrags

Aka pwdrhnd
Skier
We are arriving in Denver tomorrow morning and then driving up to Steamboat. Will probably get away from the airport around 11. With 2 of the guys coming from the Midwest and East they will be ready for lunch soon. Any recommendations for a good lunch stop either in the west end of Denver or somewhere along I-70 before getting to Silverthorne?

Thanks in advance.

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
If you can wait till you get to Silverthorne, go past the exit and get off Exit 203, highway 9 in Frisco, go south to Main Street and right a block or two to Butterhorn Bakery. Great sandwiches.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Idaho Springs has a couple places, and it's a nice mountain-y town. Smokin Yards is legit BBQ, MTN Prime is more upscale (never been there but heard great things), Two Brothers for sandwiches and wraps, Westbound & Down for "modern" pub food (I don't know what I mean by that except they put kale on stuff). Beau Jo's is the classic mountain pie joint aka pizza by the pound.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Idaho Springs has a couple places, and it's a nice mountain-y town. Smokin Yards is legit BBQ, MTN Prime is more upscale (never been there but heard great things), Two Brothers for sandwiches and wraps, Westbound & Down for "modern" pub food (I don't know what I mean by that except they put kale on stuff). Beau Jo's is the classic mountain pie joint aka pizza by the pound.

I can vouch for Smokin Yards, 2 Brothers and Beau Jo’s. Idaho Springs is a good stopping point as well.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
If you need food faster then the exit by Colorado Mills mall will have everything from grab and go at Whole Foods to a plethora of fast casual such as Mod Market, Chipotle, Which Wich, Garbanzos, Pei Wei, and more.

In Genesee Park there is a little restaurant in the corner of a strip mall. Get off at the exit, hang a left and then a left where that dead ends. Take the first right and the strip mall is there. It's called Genesee Pub and BBQ. My mom and step dad essentially live right above this place on the hill and they seem to like it. I haven't done more than have a beer here so no personal opinion. http://geneseepubandbbq.com/home-5/menu/

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
^^^^ There is a ton of places near the mall. If we are hungry when we land in Denver we eat in this area. My kids always like the On the Border and Mimi’s Cafe which set right by each other. We’ve also eaten at the Yard House.

TS
Jwrags

Jwrags

Aka pwdrhnd
Skier
Thanks for all of the suggestions. Idaho Springs sounds like a good stopping point and not too far away.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
We are arriving in Denver tomorrow morning and then driving up to Steamboat. Will probably get away from the airport around 11. With 2 of the guys coming from the Midwest and East they will be ready for lunch soon. Any recommendations for a good lunch stop either in the west end of Denver or somewhere along I-70 before getting to Silverthorne?

Thanks in advance.

Go to MTN Prime in Idaho Springs, I usually order a Brie Burger. Love it. I stop there about once a month.

Roundturns

Getting off the lift
Skier

Thanks in advance.