• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Luke, I.AM.YOUR.FATHER

Nobody

Out of my mind, back in five.
Skier
At last, this past monday I got to ski, after one season adn a half of "draught"....
Went to Austria to renew my Ski instructor's (Slovenian) license for the season 2021-2022.
Left home at 3:40, arrived at Stubai at 07:54 , skied till 15:30 and arrived back home at 20:15, for a round trip of 800+ km...
But while on the lift, at one moment, got this selfie and had an idea:
2021-10-25 at 13.37.54 - Luke, I.AM.YOUR.FATHER - Stubai Glacier.jpeg

So I sent a voice message to my youngest son : "Sonny, I.AM.YOUR.FATHER"
:-D

As for the stoke, nope, the glacier snow fields were bare, covered in old hard cement snow and glass-looking ice...
But on the way down, this little iced waterfall caught my eye
2021-10-25 at 15.38.30 - Frozen Waterfalls - Stubai.jpeg

Upon arrival back home..I was drunk with fatigue...but satisfied, long drought notwithstanding, my skiing was still ok.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
HAHA, @Andy Mink's son wears a helmet like that.

TS
Nobody

Nobody

Skier
Ahahah, I remember that, @Tricia. That brand, RUROC, is quite interesting even if it raises that odd look/staring from people who meet the wearer (not from me). Mine is a "poor's man" rendition, so to speak. A Sweet Protection helmet (obviously MIPS version, that's why I did not aquire the RUROC helmet, since I had spent already quite some €€€ on two SP helmets on the 2018-2019 season) and a 29 € Amazon goggles with face mask.
Was looking for the Oakley Oframe, but mine disintegrated ages ago. So while looking for a new one, I figured that for 29€ (ok 58€ I got two of those...) I could run the risk to have to throw both in the bin after a couple of days. As it turns out, lenses aren't that bad and the additional protection from the occasional roostertails from skis or unintended "mouth perspiration" from ppl who would occasionally get closer than the mandatory 3ft, not to mention protection of the "real" mask (ffp2 or equivalent) from the weather elements, isn't that bad either.
In any case I plan to get back to my usual ski goggles as soon as possible...and to get back to ski regularly rather than suffering through winter time like last season (but then, we couldn't travel to the mountains, due to the lock down dispositions)

TS
Nobody

Nobody

Skier
I need a Ruroc in my life, yes.
There was a magazine cover (Men's Health, but not sure) about 10 years ago or so, shoving a skier in what thy were foreseeing the "future" : Ruroc helmet, Avalung connected to it (not really, but hte idea was to show such a tnig), Inflated (or inflatable) bavckpack. I think someone over at TGR linked or posted it, but have en unable to find it anywere. Which is strange, since posting something on he internet , well, is forever....

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
This post reminds all of us how lucky we are to enjoy this great sport.
I took a walk yesterday with an old friend who got covid one year ago. He is still suffering from some effects, no taste buds and brain fog.
@Nobody , Glad you got back to skiing!

TS
Nobody

Nobody

Skier
This post reminds all of us how lucky we are to enjoy this great sport.
I took a walk yesterday with an old friend who got covid one year ago. He is still suffering from some effects, no taste buds and brain fog.
@Nobody , Glad you got back to skiing!

Thanks Jim!

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Article about how European skiers are looking forward to a new start after little skiing last year:

Sponsor

Staff online