• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Northern Rockies/Alberta Low cost ski trip= BRUNDAGE MOUNTAIN McCall, Idaho!!

Fastfreddy

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Looking for a great ski resort that is not all built up, full of glitz, and does not stop your wallet. Then look at McCall, Idaho, home of Brundage Mountain! Top elevation of 7640' so no high altitude sickness. 320" annually of some of the best powder around, or as they like to say...."The best snow in Idaho!!" A family oriented ski resort with big time skiing. One big chalet at the bottom, great restaurant, snake bar, coffee side stash cafe, and family eating area. One main 4 seat seat high speed quad, 4 other chairs for lower mountain runs & kids chairs. Blue bird lift gets you up to the top in 7 min. and you can access the entire mountain from there. Although the runs are not as long as some in Colorado, the big bang for the buck is the lift lines...........NONE!!! Ski right up and go. Getting 40,000'+ vertical is easy on this mountain......if your legs can handle it, or if your like me...from Minnesota...we chase the last chair everyday!! No crowds mean the pow is ample, and everywhere after a powder dump! Daily lift ticket $64.00. All you military members, get a daily rate of $40.00/itcket, or buy the season pass like I do for $199.00!! Best deal in town! Friendly atmosphere, great skiing, good food & craft beers, challenging tree & off piste skiing, and Big mountain cat skiing if your really up for the challenge! I have been going there for 14 yrs now. Taught my 2 kids to ski there, and now we call it home each and every year! Just got back from a 10 day trip last week, and we got over 35" for our for six days! It was awesome! You will not find a better deal in the ski industry, friendlier people or better snow anywhere for the this value! As ski magazine calls it...."the last great place!!" Of course I refer to call it "my mountain!!" We love it, and you will too. Fly into Boise, rent a car, and drive up hwy 55 to McCall, ID. 105 miles of the best scenery you will find! And in no time your there! We always have a blast there.....and you will too!

Fast Freddy
St paul, MN