• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Loved my Elan Speedwave 12's--what's a good next purchase?

ngraboys

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Hey there! So I absolutely LOVED my Elan Speedwave 12's (168 length, 116/69/105 mm dimensions), but they are pretty beat up so I am looking for my next pair of skis. For context, I am 5'10 and love being able to go anywhere on the mountain, but my favorite thing to do is bomb long steep to semi-steep groomers and hitting floaters/jumps (and on when rarely an option carve a little fresh powder). According to Trace, my sustained speeds on runs are in the 40's (mph) on powdery days and 50's on hard pack days. Complicating factor is that I am pretty sure I liked the quick turning radius on the Elans for when I needed it (quick turns on moguls and trees mostly). Based on this, anyone have any recommendations? Thanks a lot!

TS
ngraboys

ngraboys

Skier
I mostly ski Killington out east, and try to do a trip west every year or two

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
I enjoy my Speedwave 12s. With the autograph! ;-)

I ski the Volkl RTM 84 and 86 daily. Not a bad upgrade. The Speedwaves have a smaller sweet spot.

TS
ngraboys

ngraboys

Skier
I enjoy my Speedwave 12s. With the autograph! ;-)

I ski the Volkl RTM 84 and 86 daily. Not a bad upgrade. The Speedwaves have a smaller sweet spot.

They're great skis! Thanks a lot!

Sponsor