• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

LOVE my Atris Birdies and Salomon Shifts (and Tecnica Cochise)!!!!!

jcat

Booting up
Skier
Thanks everyone, for your help choosing new skis and bindings for this year. I'd been skiing on Atomic Centuries (I'm sure they were fine) with Dynafit Rad bindings for the last several years, and had the suspicion I just wasn't transferring enough power from feet to skis, though these AT bindings.

Well. I cannot tell you how much BETTER my new set up feels. It's like I'm a different skier! Situations that felt tricky, don't feel tricky! My skis feel like an extention of my feet, no extra power needed!!! The Birdies float and fly and carve, nimble through tight spots and soar through open bowls, and the Shifts...Well. I imagine they are the REAL reason I feel so great. Maybe any alpine-oriented binding would be better than what I had going on, but these feel GREAT. I just feel so 'zippy', all the time, on my skis, and I just didn't feel that way on my previous set up! Oh, wait, also--I have new boots!!!! Settled on the Tecnica Cochise 105s, and they feel awesome---they hug my feet, and don't hurt, and...YES!!!

So, thanks guys, and thanks to ME for going into debt to buy these new toys, because they make skiing that much more fun!!!! Hope everyone is having a great season!! :)

TS
jcat

jcat

Booting up
Skier
When I talk about the Shifts as 'alpine-oriented', I meant 'friendlier to the downhill'--I know they're a true AT binding. Compared to the Dynafits, they're certainly an alpine-friendlier binding!

Analisa

Making fresh tracks
Skier
So jealous of your setup! I have Warden MNCs on my Birdies and picked up the Tecnica Mach1 Pro after boot shopping for eons. I wish they could tour because I totally agree with the rave reviews and really really miss them on uphill days.

My boyfriend just bought a pair of Atrises and plans to put shifts on his. I’m so sad I’m a 4 DIN shawty and we can’t take our matchy matchy setups out everywhere.

TS
jcat

jcat

Booting up
Skier
Hi Analisa! Well, I think they may have set the DIN at the lowest (6) for me, which is a *tad* higher than they should be at. Forgot about that. I should probably be concerned...(truly)...

Why can't you tour? The boots? Or the bindings? Get some Tecnica Cochises! :)

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Thanks everyone, for your help choosing new skis and bindings for this year.

So, thanks guys, and thanks to ME for going into debt to buy these new toys, because they make skiing that much more fun!!!! :)
It's what we do best.

Chickenmonkey

David T.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have the 15-16 Atris with demos on them and I am thinking of putting Shifts on them too. Haha. We will see. Fun ski, congratulations!

TS
jcat

jcat

Booting up
Skier
Thanks, David! Enjoy!! You won't regret it!

Sponsor