• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

slowrider

Trencher
Skier
Don't suppose there's a pair of Hexel Splittails back in the corner somewhere...:drool:
Actually I have a pair of Black 190cm? Split tails in the inactive quiver. Pro deal when I taught at Mt. Rose.

Last edited:
TS
Doug Briggs

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
^^^^Those look just like a pair I passed by for months at a thrift store I fo to a lot. Eventually someone here was looking for some but they were gone when I went back to check on them.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
If you have any left that are more suited to fences than collections, let me know. I’ll buy you a beer and pick them up.

TS
Doug Briggs

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
If you have any left that are more suited to fences than collections, let me know. I’ll buy you a beer and pick them up.

Most of these are suitable for fences. I just updated the list with some new TAKEN. I'd say wood skis should be preserved indoors, otherwise the skis still on the list are up for grabs. (I just updated the list with a couple of new 'TAKEN')

Let me know what you could use and I'll decide if they are fence worthy. I collected a lot because I couldn't resist and to keep skiing history out of the landfill so most don't have personal meaning and didn't cost me much if anything. TBH, I'd much rather they go into a fence than the trash.

TS
Doug Briggs

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
^^^^Those look just like a pair I passed by for months at a thrift store I fo to a lot. Eventually someone here was looking for some but they were gone when I went back to check on them.

As much as I want a pair of original B&W Javelins, I don't want them that much. Well, I do, but I can't justify $250 for a pair. :(

604Sean

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
What year are those unmounted Rossignol Stratos?.....never seen those before?

TS
Doug Briggs

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
What year are those unmounted Rossignol Stratos?.....never seen those before?
Sorry, there are no Stratos. Where do you see them in this thread?

Brad J

Out on the slopes
Skier
@Doug Briggs Picture 8 , what size are those Hart Javlin XXL's , I still have mine from Christmas 1969 , they are 195's had Look/ Nevada bindings, broke heel piece and replaced with Marker rotomat. I was 15 when I got them.

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
I saw at least 2 pairs with the original Marker simplex toe bindings (may be on your Javalens). Egads, The ones where you
had to file notches in your boot toe !
I got rid of them 45 years ago after a "marker out" fall !