• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Loss of a member--SkiSailor

jimmy

Mixmaster
SkiTalk Supporter
RIP Laura.

@MaryG introduced us in 2013. We spent that Easter Sunday at Bridger Bowl skiing, talking about her becoming an instructor, laughing and drinking beer with the locals. Laura really became a great instructor in a very short period of time. What a fun, accomplished person and a great skier. The lady could rip.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I met Laura in 2014. She had a grin that made me smile and want to hang around her. Online, she was an articulate, passionate persona. I'm glad she was loving life in Big Sky skiing and pushing her boundaries. I can't remember where she posted about doing that couloir, or maybe Ursula posted it, but it was great reading. RIP Laura. I wish I'd had more time to get to know you better.
^^^^ Same here. Same impression from the short time I skied with her that week here in UT. She was just awesome.

Brad J

Out on the slopes
Skier
So sad to lose a fellow sailor as well as skier. I am sure she has left a big hole in both communities.

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
She and I participated in a few threads together last year, some disagreed with her perspective and she and I PM'd a lot about the way they and she (and I) communicated. She was very frustrated and I supported her. It meant a lot to her and to me. I felt close to her in a way that only can happen in this odd, virtual world of an online forum. There are so many over the years that I've wanted to ski with on epicski and pugski. She's at the top of that list, and now it can never happen.

I know she's making beautiful, effortless turns on the sweetest softest clouds in heaven.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Sad to hear this :(
RIP Skisailor

VickiK

Out on the slopes
Skier
It was her birthday recently, I think, and her friend/ski mentor shared that tribute. It made me tear up, and again wish I knew her better.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Laura’s loss is one of those that you never really get over.

It hits me from time to time, as I move through my days, doing things that Laura also loved.

But I am happy that Laura lived her life to the fullest, and gave so much to others.

kimberlin

Getting on the lift
Skier
I met Laura at Big Sky a few years ago. Skied with her in a lesson and then she demoed my Z-77s all day while teaching a beginner. "Very turny", she said as i passed her on a cat-track.
On the first day of the trip my "husband" (we're not married ) and I took up to Big Sky, she met us for lunch and skied with us the rest of the day. DH is an excellent skier and went up to the Chutes on top of Lone Mountain with Laura as his guide. The conditions were pretty bad ,and very hard to see. He was quite impressed with her !! She took a picture of him at the top with his phone as he held her skis. The pink K2 Alluvits.
That photo was framed and hanging in the home of DH parents. Just before I had learned of Laura's death I happened to have been in that home and actually stole it from them because I liked the picture so much. Now it sits in my office , bringing a whole new level of respect , beauty, and sadness whenever I look at it.
I hardly knew Laura, did not know she had cancer.
Her death blindsided me.
To be honest, I have been more affected by the deaths of people I hardly knew because in some way, their spirit had touched me in ways I did not realize until after they died.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I am sorry that the youtube video has expired. I'll reach out to the person who posted and see if it can be released.

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
The video is still available it’s a PugSki problem many of us have often. Open it in the YouTube app or another browser.

youtu.be/vFKJDea_DEE

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
R.I.P. and condolences to all who knew her. Sounds like a great lady, friend, skier, sailor.

Sponsor

Staff online