• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Carolinacub

Yes thats a Cubs hat I'm wearing
Skier
Those of you who live in the Reno area may know of this. Mark was a patroller here in WNC who moved out your way,

Dear Wolf Ridge Patrol –

It is with a heavy heart that I must pass along the news I learned recently of one our former patrollers who just recently passed away in a tragic accident. Some of you may have already heard the news, but for those who haven’t, his name was Mark Brown and he and his wife Frances were dearly loved members of our patrol. They moved out west to Nevada about 10-15 years ago, although Frances returned to our area a year or two ago for a few months when her mother was in failing health (some of you who didn’t know her previously may remember meeting her at our refresher). This is what she posted on Facebook notifying her many friends about the tragic accident:

“It's with a broken heart that I tell you all that Mark was killed by a hit and run driver while he and Charles were having a wonderful day riding Harley's around the Big Island on Tuesday. I flew to Kona six hours later. Margaret was in San Clemente camping with friends and was too far away. They have found the car, but not the driver. I am not sure when I will be back in Reno yet. The crime scene aspect slows down everything. My sister Jean is flying to Reno tomorrow to be with Margaret and manage things there until I get back.

I am a widow now for 36 hours. One breath at a time. One minute at a time. If you call or text I will get back to you when I can. As you can guess, my phone is blowing up all day. My thanks and love to my Brown Family in NC and my Reno friends (who are my family) for checking on Margaret and mowing my lawn.”

Jerry Stamey and I talked today about what we could do as a patrol to honor Mark’s memory, and to let Frances know that she and her family is loved and supported by our patrol. We thought maybe that we could organize some type of memorial gathering for those who knew Mark and Frances and would be interested. If anyone has pictures of them from their patrol days at Wolf please send them to me (digitally, if possible), and we will figure out how to share them with everyone appropriately. If anyone has any ideas about how our patrol can honor Mark’s memory, or would like to be involved with putting something together, please get in touch with either Jerry or myself.

Bill

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
That's a shame, condolences to his family and friends.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I had not heard of this.
Do you know where he patrolled out here?
Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

TS
Carolinacub

Carolinacub

Skier
I had not heard of this.
Do you know where he patrolled out here?
Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
Tricia, I don't believe he patrolled there but I do know he was active in the skiing community. That's why I thought that some of you folks in the Reno community might know him. As far as I know they have everything covered right now .

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Do you know where he skied?

TS
Carolinacub

Carolinacub

Skier
I'm not sure what he called his home mountain. I would guess that with all the variety in the area he didn't ski just one. If I find out I'll let you know.