• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Along the same lines, "break" and "brake" are two different words. I see that one more often in cycling forums, but still...

Superbman

Getting off the lift
Skier
I needed something to moisten the part of my skis that limits vibration….so I used a dampener on my damper.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The snow was deep so I should've (not should of) taken my powder skis.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Dam I wish I'd said that.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
What's even worst? ;) Autocorrect on my phone is adding apostrophe's where apostrophe's don't belong! It drives me nuts! (Yes, grammar errors were made on purpose.) The dumming down of 'Merica!

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I try to avoid these kinds of mistakes because...well...its annoying.

There is one situation where I think they should be completely tolerated and thats when its Siri error. If Siri uses the wrong word or spelling it should be ok to just go with it. Thats the convention used with many of my friends. We all know its a Siri goof and don't waste time correcting it. Its Apple that can't get it's act together not the author.

Last edited:

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I try to avoid these kinds of mistakes because...well...its annoying.

There is one situation where I think they should be completely tolerated and thats when its Siri error. If Siri uses the wrong word or spelling it should be ok to just go with it. Thats the convention used with many of my friends. We all know its a Siri goof and don't waste time correcting it. Its Apple that can't get it's act together not the author.

For sure ... in fact, there was quite a show at Alta last week...

twerk.png

Michael R.

skiNEwhere
Skier
I see loose used incorrectly all the time, drives me crazy!

This thread is awesome, strait up.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
There is always google for goggle, too; that's just a finger mistake, but it happens so much now.

I don't let these things bug me too much, or I'd be constantly bugged, but it depends on the source. I threw (through) a small facebook tantrum yesterday when the Denver Post published a headline with allude in place of elude. That is simply unacceptable. It was online, and yes they changed it (after an hour!), but this kind of thing happens all the time with the Post.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Tricia
    The Velvet Hammer
  • Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
  • Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January