• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I like the "alternate spelling" Catksills for some reason.

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Reminds me of an old teacher joke:
Kid asks teacher, "does spelling count on this test?"
Teacher responds, "Nope....only misspelling!"

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
You know you can't see that tagged on the side of a building...
"Katskilz" must it be. Maybe even "Katsklz"

Just go all the way ...

ktsklz.png

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Wow. Think they'll change it?

Actually, it's "oops"...

They claim they just need to get new decals.

Apparently the original spelling was with a K so they've been going through spelling/misspelling issues for centuries.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
On an major audiophile site, where you'd figure people who can afford $25k+ speakers, $15k amps etc should be reasonably well educated, and have at least half a clue, there's ALWAYS some dweeb who talks about the base his subwoofer can muster, and, of course, the huge new power chord he just got for his new amp that makes it sound so nice, or, of course what song had the best power cords. :eyeroll:
You know ..."for" could be his way of saying the the new amp, "it" could be his way of saying the stereo system, and "the huge new power chord" could be the Chord Electronics SPM 1050 MKii Stereo Power Amplifier. It is possible ;)
(thread drift)

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
You know ..."for" could be his way of saying the the new amp, "it" could be his way of saying the stereo system, and "the huge new power chord" could be the Chord Electronics SPM 1050 MKii Stereo Power Amplifier. It is possible ;)
(thread drift)
You know...I'm realizing I get better sound out of my tiny MacBook on-board speakers when the source material was at some point played on expensive stereo equipment I can see in a picture. I suspect it takes a mighty good amp to do that.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
You know...I'm realizing I get better sound out of my tiny MacBook on-board speakers when the source material was at some point played on expensive stereo equipment I can see in a picture. I suspect it takes a mighty good amp to do that.
Ok, in keeping with the thread drift, here's a little more -

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I was reading Jilly's thread and felt a need to edit the title, but then I looked this up.

https://writingexplained.org/defence-vs-defense-difference
https://forum.pugski.com/threads/in-defence-of-narrow-skis.7663/

I work for a British company so I see this all the time and it only partially registered for me when I saw that thread. In fact, some of the standard language I put in contracts are in British English (defence, authorisation, etc) which I usually remember to change but occasionally don't so then customers change it which doesn't look great.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
After 25 years of tallying, the word most misspelled by my high school students is: separate.

When I write “seperate”” on the board and ask them what’s wrong with that word, I get......crickets.

My first year teaching, a girl kept writing the word “orgasms” in her lab report instead of “organisms.”

Correcting her misspellings was a little.....awkward.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
After 25 years of tallying, the word most misspelled by my high school students is: separate.

When I write “seperate”” on the board and ask them what’s wrong with that word, I get......crickets.

My first year teaching, a girl kept writing the word “orgasms” in her lab report instead of “organisms.”

Correcting her misspellings was a little.....awkward.
I knew someone who kept calling the calamari tentacles...testicals...that was awkward. ;)

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid