• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

RickyG

Faction Fan
Contributor
Gang some of us are doing the best we can. I have a pretty viscous case of dyslexia. I will cut and paste most things into MS Word for some help...and if my wife is around (pro writer look up Betsy Schwarm on Amazon) she understands. There is such a thing as "Multiple Inteligence" where everyone shines at something such space awareness, kinesthetic, (as in my love and skill in skiing, skateboarding, bikes, and motorsports) not everyone is a card carrying member of the "grammar patrol". Oh by the way I've managed my learning disabilities to the point I'm a full Professor at Community College of Denver as Chair of Engineering Graphics (CAD), I spend more of each day in class convinsing student they are OK, most that I get have been damaged by the classic "reading, writing" system that they think their only fit for a fast food or labor job. Finding out that setting behind a powerful computer using 2d and 3D software to design tommorows world is very satisfying.

I'm out on a uncomfortable limb right now I'm on my iPad at lunch...no back up. Be kind?

Mischiff managed...

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Screenshot_20170905-085646.png

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Gang some of us are doing the best we can. I have a pretty viscous case of dyslexia. I will cut and paste most things into MS Word for some help...and if my wife is around (pro writer look up Betsy Schwarm on Amazon) she understands. There is such a thing as "Multiple Inteligence" where everyone shines at something such space awareness, kinesthetic, (as in my love and skill in skiing, skateboarding, bikes, and motorsports) not everyone is a card carrying member of the "grammar patrol". Oh by the way I've managed my learning disabilities to the point I'm a full Professor at Community College of Denver as Chair of Engineering Graphics (CAD), I spend more of each day in class convinsing student they are OK, most that I get have been damaged by the classic "reading, writing" system that they think their only fit for a fast food or labor job. Finding out that setting behind a powerful computer using 2d and 3D software to design tommorows world is very satisfying.

I'm out on a uncomfortable limb right now I'm on my iPad at lunch...no back up. Be kind?

Mischiff managed...

Thank you for going out on this limb. I admit to being one of those grammar patrol people but it is a good reminder that there are very intelligent people who may not be good at grammar and spelling.

TS
Blue Streak

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
Strange, I don't have any difficulty when I hear the two.

Maybe it's a problem with putting it in writing.

Or maybe it's just you. ;-)
Well I just hope the Broncos don't loose to the Chargers.
I would loose it.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
This morning's Boston Globe has a story about an advertising campaign on public transport encouraging chronically absent students to return to school. You guessed it, the ads have spelling errors! The story reproduced a tweet from an early complainer with the hashtag #copyeditisdead. Of course, given that it is the Globe, I'm thinking "pot, meet kettle."

James

Out There
Instructor
This morning's Boston Globe has a story about an advertising campaign on public transport encouraging chronically absent students to return to school. You guessed it, the ads have spelling errors! The story reproduced a tweet from an early complainer with the hashtag #copyeditisdead. Of course, given that it is the Globe, I'm thinking "pot, meet kettle."

The NY times was reducing the copy editors from 100 to 50 or 55. Not sure where it stands now.
This is a continuing trend to have reporters do everything. Eliminating editors will just end in .... covfefe.

https://www.poynter.org/news/new-york-times-copy-desk-top-editors-you-have-turned-your-backs-us

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I find it pretty disappointing that the worst, er um worse.. spelling, grammar, and punctuation I see anywhere on the internet is on the COLLEGE football fan pages. It makes me really wonder what percentage of these people actually got admitted to the schools they are claiming alligiance to... much less how many actually graduated after that.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I find it pretty disappointing that the worst, er um worse.. spelling, grammar, and punctuation I see anywhere on the internet is on the COLLEGE football fan pages. It makes me really wonder what percentage of these people actually got admitted to the schools they are claiming alligiance to... much less how many actually graduated after that.
:roflmao:

T-Square

Terry
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
You'll have a Yule log this Christmas.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
When I'm speaking I can imagine a more articulate person thinking this...
43551-1490701106919-Gildan-Men-Black-_w93_-front.jpg

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter

T-Square

Terry
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Just came across this as a comment to a news story. This is not to discuss the politics of the statement, just the grammar:

poap francis says climet change is the gratest sin ever but the bibel says climet change isnt even real
will christian's ever make up theyre mine's​

There is so much open for discussion about grammar and spelling, I just shake my head and keep walking. :cool:

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
You say it's gram-mahr

I say it's the will of the gods... ;-)

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
There is a spelling epidemic going on up in the CATSKILLS...

08D6942C-0050-4BD7-9416-A34499CCEE33-2335-0000018B33921AD3.jpeg
IMG_0141.JPG